ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jabil Circuit, Inc. (NYSE: JBL) today introduced InControl, a new Supply Chain SaaS Decision Support platform that delivers meaningful business insights, enabling companies to compete at the speed of innovation and commerce in the digital economy. With InControl, customers can quickly and easily connect, collect and validate vast amounts of supply chain data to realize tangible business outcomes throughout the product lifecycle, including slashing inventory and time-to-market by up to 50 percent while reducing product lead times and costs by up to 30 percent.
“Today’s supply chains and tools aren’t architected to effectively address all of the requirements our customers need to compete and win in an increasingly digital ecosystem,” said Don Hnatyshin, SVP and chief supply chain and procurement officer for Jabil. “InControl was designed for, and by, supply chain practitioners to provide the real-time intelligence, visibility and analytics our customers have been asking for so they can move with B2C speed and agility in a B2B world.”
Jabil’s InControl SaaS is a multi-tenant, intelligent digital supply chain cloud platform that provides ubiquitous connectivity, advanced analytics and machine learning technologies to optimize real-time decision-making for supply chain practitioners. The cloud platform also ingests structured and unstructured data across the entire ecosystem, connecting with ERP, MRP, sales & operations planning, transportation, financial reporting, and third-party content providers, including weather, geo-mapping and other software.
New Application Suite Drives End-to-End Global Supply Chain Performance
In concert with the cloud platform, Jabil has developed five integrated applications to provide much-needed visibility, collaboration, risk management and diagnostics:
- Supply Chain Visibility: Gain valuable insight through real-time reports and alerts on orders, compliance, event risk, problem resolution and financial performance
- Event Risk: Minimize loss from unforeseen disruptions by recovering faster through instant alerts, impact analyses and detailed recovery options
- Design for Supply Chain: Understand the impact of different product decisions and avoid high-risk components through early assessments during product design and prototyping stage
- Risk Management: Reduce vulnerability and ensure proactive continuity through dynamic and customized risk scoring that weighs availability, complexity, delivery and other critical supply chain risk factors
- Supply Chain Diagnostics: Gain deep actionable insights across the demand and supply network to improve sourcing and partner collaboration while delivering root cause analysis of missed KPIs and key metrics
“Jabil InControl provides an upfront, end-to-end supply chain analysis that helps us achieve the total landed cost on our broad product portfolio,” said Ed Tymick, vice president of global operations for Coriant. “Real-time business insights guide decisions on where to build and distribute our game-changing telecom solutions while addressing key localization factors that impact sourcing, procurement and manufacturing of sub-materials and components to reduce overall costs and product lead times.”
Strategic Partnership with PwC
As part of its go-to-market model, Jabil’s specialized supply chain, procurement and professional services will assist customers in deploying InControl. Additionally, Jabil has entered into a joint business relationship with PwC, a leading professional services and advisory firm, to integrate the InControl Supply Chain SaaS Supply Chain Decision Support solution in its ongoing digital transformation advisory, supply chain planning and management consulting services.
“Digital transformation of the supply chain must be about readiness, return and relevance,” said Simon Ellis, program vice president, Supply Chain Strategies, IDC. “Making investments in technology and platforms will help companies achieve early-mover advantage. Jabil’s InControl SaaS helps address critical business requirements with its visibility, risk and collaboration capabilities for enabling intelligent decision support across the entire digital supply chain.”
Pricing and Availability
Beginning in the third quarter, Jabil’s InControl SaaS platform and applications will be generally available for customer implementations. The platform and applications will be priced on a per month/per application model. InControl onboarding, integration and implementation services also are available.
- For more information on Jabil InControl SaaS platform and applications, go to www.jabil.com/incontrol
- For more information on Jabil’s managed services, go to www.jabil.com/idsc
Jabil is a product solutions company providing comprehensive electronics design, production and product management services to global electronics and technology companies. Offering complete product supply chain management from facilities in 28 countries, Jabil provides comprehensive, individualized-focused solutions to customers in a broad range of industries. Jabil common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol, "JBL.” Further information is available on Jabil's website: jabil.com.