LAS VEGAS & SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In today's age of "me commerce," always-on consumers are demanding and armed with choice. They want to shop anywhere, anytime and they want personalized offers. To succeed in this incredibly competitive, consumer-driven market, retailers, distributors and manufacturers must understand consumer behavior with pinpoint accuracy and profitably satisfy demand. To address the increasingly customer-centric environment, JDA Software Group, Inc. today announced it is partnering with dunnhumby, the world’s leading consumer science company, to combine deep customer insights with actionable merchandising strategies and decisions.
This partnership combines the best in consumer insights via dunnhumby with JDA’s leading space and category execution solutions to deliver a first-of-its-kind one-stop insight and execution capability. This powerful offering will allow retailers and trading partners to leverage the best technology and consumer science available to quickly develop and execute precise, shopper-centric merchandising plans with localized assortments, offers and space plans built to drive further automation, sales and profitable growth.
“We are bringing to market prescriptive, cognitive merchandising solutions that incorporates the voice of the consumer to help retailers and trading partners make the right assortment and space planning decisions to accommodate for changing business models and evolving market conditions. By continuously interpreting business performance, our customers can create highly targeted and accurate merchandising strategies that win,” said Kevin Sterneckert, group vice president, Innovation Strategies, JDA. “As dunnhumby analyzes data and applies insights from a staggering one billion shoppers across the globe, companies can now tap into this powerful information to help create personalized experiences. The result will be an enhanced shopping experience, increased customer loyalty and demonstrable incremental value to our clients that is not offered in the market today.”
Through this partnership, retailers will be able to:
- Create pinpoint specific merchandising plans based on real-time actionable insights: Retailers and trading partners will be able to improve merchandising strategies and productivity with clear recommendations for action and significant opportunities for efficiency and growth. For example, merchants can gain insights into more shoppable, localized solutions that drive increased sales, margin and loyalty encompassing key category drivers like price, promotion and personalized offers.
- Develop prescriptive, automated, real-time merchandising plans: Many retailers and trading partners lack a prescriptive approach that uses consumer and market information to answer: “What should we do?” With this joint solution, these companies can create the right level of localization for each category, focusing attention and resources where they are most needed, based on local shopping preferences and behaviors that impact each category and the entire enterprise.
- Execute joint business planning with partners: By leveraging dunnhumby’s customer science combined with JDA Category Management solutions, retailers and their trading partners can collaborate for a successful joint category plan.
- Quickly and profitably identify new market opportunities: The combined offering will enable retailers and trading partners to identify how they can grow revenue profitably, identify additional consumer opportunities, and expand their reach, improve merchandising decisions, and increase sales through effective assortment and space definitions tied to their merchandise financial plans.
“Retailers and their partners around the world team with dunnhumby to identify, understand and invest in their most valuable and profitable customers. To succeed in today’s most competitive markets, retailers must also create the right range and assortment plans to exceed their customers’ wants and needs,” said Dylan Slaney, global head of partnerships and innovation, dunnhumby. “Our data science capabilities and expertise, combined with JDA’s unique ability to support automated assortment and planogram generation, will give retailers access to transformational Category Management capabilities.”
- Read the JDA Supply Chain Nation blog: Meeting the Need for Personalized Shopping Experiences with Category Management
JDA will host several sessions on category management at JDA
FOCUS 2017 this week, April 25-28, including:
- JDA Future Series: "Always-on" Cognitive Category Management, April 26, 1:30 p.m.
- JDA Category Knowledge Base and Open Access Innovations, April 26, 2:45 p.m.
- Special Partner Presentation with dunnhumby: 1+1 = 10, April 26, 2:45 p.m.
- Integrating Assortment Insights into the Category Management Process, April 27, 11:00 a.m.
- Join JDA and dunnhumby at the Category Management & Shopper Insights Conference, May 15-17, in Las Vegas.
- Watch this video on the future of category management
- Read these case studies to learn how dunnhumby helped leading retailers achieve impactful results
About dunnhumby Ltd.
dunnhumby is a leading customer science company. We analyze data and apply insights from nearly one billion shoppers across the globe to create personalized customer experiences in digital, mobile and retail environments. Our strategic process, proprietary insights, and multichannel cross-category capabilities build loyalty with customers to drive competitive advantage and sustained growth for clients. dunnhumby employs 2,000 experts in offices throughout Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas, and works with a prestigious group of companies, including Tesco, Whole Foods Markets (US), Metro (Canada), GPA (Brazil), Shoprite (SA), Coop (Norway), Procter & Gamble, Nestle, Unilever, Coca Cola and PepsiCo. Learn more at www.dunnhumby.com
About JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software is the leading provider of seamless supply chain planning and execution solutions for retailers, manufacturers, logistics providers and wholesale distributors. Our unmatched solution portfolio enables our clients to reduce costs, increase profitability and improve visibility so they can deliver on customer promises every time. More than 4,000 global customers run JDA, including 73 of the top 100 retailers, 71 of the top 100 consumer goods companies and 13 of the top 16 3PLs. With JDA, you can plan to deliver. www.jda.com
JDA Web: https://jda.com
JDA Blog: http://blog.jda.com
JDA Twitter: https://twitter.com/JDASoftware
JDA Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JDASoftwareGroup
JDA LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/jda-software
JDA YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JDASoftware
dunnhumby RSS Feeds:
dunnhumby trends & insights: http://www.dunnhumby.com/trends-and-insights.rss
dunnhumby Social Networks:
dunnhumby Web: http://www.dunnhumby.com/
dunnhumby Twitter: https://twitter.com/dunnhumby
dunnhumby Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dunnhumby
dunnhumby YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dunnhumby
dunnhumby LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/dunnhumby
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.