SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today announced it has greenlit the Amazon Original Series Le Mans: Racing is Everything from London based production company New Black Films. The limited series will explore what is known as “the Mount Everest of motorsports,” the grueling, non-stop 24-hour car race that has taken place annually in Le Mans, France since 1923. Prime members will be able to stream the series exclusively via the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online. Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. Le Mans: Racing Is Everything will be a global release and available exclusively on Amazon Prime Video for members to watch via the Prime Video app for popular smart TVs, Fire TV, Fire Tablets and Android and iOS phones and tablets. The show will also be available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories.
Le Mans: Racing is Everything will offer unprecedented access to the entire 24 hours of the race, while exploring the storied legacy of Le Mans and the generations of drivers who have braved the course. Le Mans: Racing is Everything embeds with teams Porsche, Audi, Nissan, Toyota, Aston Martin and Rebellion as they race to build their cars and compete in what is one of the highest attended single-day sporting events in the world. Featured drivers include Australian Formula 1 legend Mark Webber; German three-time Le Mans champion André Lotterer; Nico Prost, son of legendary Formula 1 driver Alain Prost; and English teenage gamer Jann Mardenborough, who at the age of 19 was given a slot on Team Nissan after winning an e-Sports racing competition.
“Fans are consistently thrilled by the excitement and danger that is the annual Le Mans race. Le Mans: Racing is Everything will take that excitement to the next level, giving Prime members behind-the-scenes access to what it takes to win this singular event,” said Conrad Riggs, Head of Unscripted, Amazon Originals.
“We’ll raise the veil on the pressure that racing cars to the limit puts on the teams and drivers, in a unique human-interest driven series that will take a 360 look at what it takes to participate, organize and ultimately try and win what is unquestionably the toughest race in motorsport,” said James Erskine of New Black Films. “It’s a great privilege to bring this to screen with such strong collaborators as Amazon Prime Video. This is racing as you’ve never seen it before.”
“The Automobile Club de l'Ouest was very pleased to grant New Black Films unprecedented access to the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and we are excited for Amazon Prime members to see the result,” said Pierre Fillon, President of the ACO.
Le Mans: Racing is Everything is slated to be directed by Emmy Award-nominated James Erskine (American Masters) and produced by Victoria Gregory (Man on Wire, Senna), and their production company, New Black Films (The White Room, One Night in Turin).
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Amazon Channels: Over 100 video subscriptions to networks like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership – to view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.
About New Black Films
Innovative and groundbreaking, New Black Films is one of the world’s premium producers of sporting stories, from high end documentary to feature film. Based in London, England, the company was founded by filmmakers James Erskine and Victoria Gregory in 2009, and joined in 2015 by Alex Holmes. Our films combine state-of-the-art filmmaking techniques with a passion for story-telling and the emotional journeys at their core. Our films have been released theatrically in the US, UK, Italy, Australia, New Zealand and throughout Europe and the Middle East; and with broadcast partners such as BBC, ITV, HBO, Discovery, Canal+ and many others.