SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced the expansion of Amazon Home Services (www.amazon.com/services) into 20 new metropolitan areas across the country, including Indianapolis, IN; Las Vegas, NV; San Antonio, TX; Ann Arbor, MI; Cleveland, OH; Milwaukee, WI; Boulder, CO; Raleigh, NC; Trenton, NJ and more.
“We’re thrilled to be offering more Amazon customers access to our network of trusted pros throughout the U.S.,” said Nish Lathia, General Manager of Amazon Home Services. “Today, customers can search over 1,200 unique services from pros in over 60 professions – from house cleaning, to lawn work and beyond. The availability of Home Services in more cities means that more customers can quickly find and schedule the help they need around the house heading into the holiday season.”
Amazon Home Services features handpicked pros offering upfront pricing on hundreds of helpful services. Local service providers opt-in to where they operate and the services they provide. Customers purchasing items on Amazon that require assembly or installation can include the service as part of their checkout process, or they can read reviews and schedule services directly at www.amazon.com/services. Services are backed by Amazon’s Happiness Guarantee, award-winning customer service and free verified purchased reviews, so customers have the comfort of knowing their job will get done right and on time.
Since Amazon Home Services launched in 2015:
- The number of service providers has increased over 1,500 percent, now including service providers from almost 60 professions offering over 1,200 unique services
- Service availability has increased to include 50 metro areas throughout the U.S.
- The average rating on home services is 4.7 out of 5 stars, and the services most popular with customers include TV wall-mounting, house cleaning and furniture assembly
Recent customer reviews highlight customer satisfaction that comes from working directly with pros:
- “On time, friendly and polite, fast and professional. Did a great job. Very pleased.” – J., bed assembly in San Antonio, TX
- “Great overall experience. Very professional, timely, and would refer to anyone.” – Tim, treadmill assembly in Indianapolis, IN
- “Such a great experience. I would not hesitate to recommend Amazon Home Services! Service provider went above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction!” – Michelle, TV wall-mounting, Seattle, WA
Service pros that use Amazon Home Services to grow their business have said:
- “The exposure that we’ve received by using Amazon Home Services has allowed our company to grow exponentially! We continue to see growth of 150%+ year-over-year.” – Cameron, GoConfigure, a division of Step2Discovery, Illinois
- “We’re listed on a lot of different sites to get discovered, but what’s great about Amazon is that we get connected directly with actual customers who are ready to purchase the house cleaning services we offer. We’ve also benefitted from the marketing they do. We saw a 7.5x bump in service orders from one of their promotions.” – Joe, Maids Around Town, Texas
The full list of 20 new metro areas offering Amazon Home Services coverage includes: Santa Rosa, CA; Ventura County, CA; Boulder, CO; Greater Bridgeport, CT; New Haven, CT; Brevard County, FL; Cape Coral, FL; Sarasota, FL; Indianapolis, IN; Ann Arbor, MI; Raleigh, NC; Trenton, NJ; Las Vegas, NV; Cleveland, OH; Allentown, PA; Lehigh Valley, PA; San Antonio, TX; Milwaukee, WI; Richmond, VA and Hampton Roads VA/NC.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.