NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today introduced a new approach to showcasing its broad range of products and experiences in its Galaxy portfolio. Combinations of the latest Samsung products and services, which make up A Galaxy of Possibility, will be displayed and advertised to showcase a curated collection that better syncs with people’s lives and passions such as being active, capturing 360 degree content or experience immersive VR worlds and more.
“Samsung is at the heart of nearly every experience where people connect with technology, and our mission is to help people use that technology in a meaningful and purposeful way to enhance their lives,” said Marc Mathieu, Chief Marketing Officers of Samsung Electronics America. “We listen to our customers and know they want a complete mobile experience that works for them, which is why we’re introducing A Galaxy of Possibility to bring people and their passions together.”
As part of the reveal of A Galaxy of Possibility, Samsung unveiled two new fitness wearables, Gear Fit2 and the Gear IconX. Each product is designed with consumers’ fitness needs in mind. Gear Fit2 is a smart fitness band designed for everyday use with Samsung’s brilliant Super AMOLED display to monitor fitness programs, text message notifications and more. With built-in GPS and an onboard music player, Gear Fit2 gives people the freedom to work out untethered. The new Gear IconX are truly cord-free, Bluetooth enabled earbuds that can track fitness data including, distance, speed and heartrate, as well as featuring an internal music player that stores up to 1,000 MP3s.
A Galaxy of Possibility
Through Samsung products and services, customers can explore the combination that’s right for their needs and easily understand how Samsung technology can fit into their lifestyle. The first of several collections that will begin rolling out soon, were unveiled today.
- Move with Galaxy – For those that move a million ways a day to stay fit and need their devices to track, share and analyze that data. With the Galaxy S7 edge, S Health and newly announced Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX, customers can be fit on their own terms.
- Explore with Galaxy – For those who crave to explore, seek new ways to experience their daily lives and want to add a new dimension to the way they consume and share content by experiencing the world in an entirely new way. Samsung Milk VR and Gear VR powered by Oculus and the Galaxy S7 together with Level On headphones transport people to an immersive virtual reality experience.
- Create with Galaxy – For the people who live to create, tell stories and transport people to entirely new worlds. With Gear 360, people can relive memorable moments by capturing their experiences through high-resolution, 360-degree video and still images to view, edit and share on their Galaxy phone or Gear VR.
- Go with Galaxy – For those who are always on the go, want the convenience of connectivity and the freedom to leave home without a wallet weighing them down. Customers can stay connected without being tied down by making phone calls from their wrist with Gear S2, paying without their wallet with Samsung Pay or listening to music without cords with Level U Pro or Level On Pro.
The launch of A Galaxy of Possibility included the Move with Galaxy challenge at Samsung 837. During the festivities, guests were inspired to participate in fun fitness activities and track their performance data using S Health and the Gear Fit2. The cumulative fitness movements of more than 1,000 participants unlocked a special performance by the internationally acclaimed Producer & DJ, Diplo.
Consumers nationwide can also take part in the Samsung Move with Galaxy experience. Beginning June 2, Galaxy users can access a new Move with Galaxy mobile website to unlock a special 30 minute mix curated by Diplo, which features two new exclusive Diplo tracks and additional songs from artists on his Mad Decent label. The musical content will only play when listeners are physically moving, creating a fun incentive for people to Move with Galaxy and enhance their fitness activities daily.
The Summer of 837
The interactive unveil of A Galaxy of Possibility is Samsung’s most exciting and immersive launch event to date; however, the fun doesn’t stop there.
All summer long, Samsung 837 will serve as the backdrop for experiences that will be enhanced and unlocked by products and services within A Galaxy of Possibility. With immersive, cultural experiences powered by technology “The Summer of 837” will feature robust programming that aligns with consumer passion points, ranging from music, culinary and health and wellness to tech, fashion and more.
- Live @ 837 NYC: Features live musical performances every Thursday with artists including: Tegan + Sara, Phantogram, St. Lucia and more.
- Governors Ball: Samsung 837 is the only place that you can unlock livestreamed performances from your favorite artists, exclusive rewards, curated eats and DJ sets from the Gov Ball line up.
- Lunch Club @ 837 NYC: The Month of June will feature EEEEEATS Club, featuring panels led by Infatuation co-founders Chris Stang and Andrew Steinthal as they chat with influential leaders in digital marketing, social media, music, and tech. The discussions are complimented by hand-picked food vendors, carefully chosen to align with the subject matter.
Wellness @ 837 NYC: 837 offers a range of fitness programing
this summer including:
- Inside Hook Sweat Sessions: Enjoy boxing, bootcamp and core-blasting works with Inside Hook this June.
- Wanderlust Series: Experience yoga every Sunday and meditation every Monday on 837’s terrace and rooftop with breathtaking views of the Highline.
- 837 Run Club: Every Saturday this summer, lace up your shoes and join New York runners for a scenic run starting at Samsung 837.
- Meatpacking District Sweat Sessions: Cool down at 837 after your Sweat Session with healthy bites and hydrating sips.
837 will provide a galaxy of possibility for New Yorkers and tourists alike to experience how Samsung’s ecosystem of products and services can make their summers- and lives- more awesome. To register for events or view the June schedule, please visit Samsung.com/837.
For more information on A Galaxy of Possibility, Gear Fit2 or Gear IconX, visit Samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), is a recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA delivers a broad range of digital consumer electronics, IT and home appliance products. Samsung is the market leader for HDTVs in the U.S and America’s fastest growing home appliance brand. To discover more of the award-winning products you love with Samsung, please visit www.samsung.com.
About Samsung 837
Located at 837 Washington Street in New York City’s Meatpacking District, Samsung 837 is the first of its kind technology playground and cultural destination for consumers, creators, tech enthusiasts and community members. A physical manifestation of the Samsung Brand, 837 is a flagship experience center at the convergence of humanity and technology that underscores how Samsung’s full portfolio of signature services and technology – ranging from mobile devices to home appliances – can make your life better.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 236,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion.