CLEVELAND--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Most technology marketers have adopted content marketing (95%), are allocating more of their budget to it and are using a good mix of tactics, social media platforms, and paid methods to get their content out there. Those are just some of the findings in the research released today by the Content Marketing Institute (CMI). The third annual B2B Technology Content Marketing 2016: Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends—North America report, sponsored by International Data Group (IDG), shows how B2B technology marketers have changed their content marketing practices over the last year.
“Like other groups of marketers we’ve studied over the last six months, technology marketers reported lower overall content marketing effectiveness this year compared with last,” explains Joe Pulizzi, founder, Content Marketing Institute and author of Content Inc. “On the other hand, technology marketers rated nearly all of the tactics and paid methods they use as more effective this year. This tells me they’re making progress with identifying what works.”
Thirty-percent of technology marketers say their organizations are effective at content marketing, compared to 34% last year. However, there are many good signs when comparing this year’s research to last year:
- More technology marketers have a documented content marketing strategy (36% this year vs. 33% last year), which our research consistently shows is a tool that improves effectiveness.
- Respondents report improved effectiveness for every single content tactic they are using (except research reports).
- Effectiveness of the three primary social media channels they use (LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube) has increased.
- All of the paid promotion tactics they use have increased in effectiveness (except for native advertising, which stayed the same).
- There has been an increase in the average percentage of total marketing budget spent on content marketing (29% vs. 25% last year).
Read more and download the full
For research charts, pictures, video, quotes and more, you can grab them from Dropbox.
To view all CMI research visit http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/research/
About Content Marketing Institute
Content Marketing Institute is the leading global content marketing education and training organization, teaching enterprise brands how to attract and retain customers through compelling, multichannel storytelling. CMI’s Content Marketing World event, the largest content marketing-focused event, is held every September in Cleveland, Ohio, USA, and the Intelligent Content Conference event is held every spring. CMI publishes the bi-monthly magazine Chief Content Officer, and provides strategic consulting and content marketing research for some of the best-known brands in the world. CMI is a 2012-2015 Inc. 500/5000 company. Watch this video to learn more about CMI.