CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LiveData, Inc. today announced that the Department of Veterans Affairs healthcare facility in Ann Arbor, Michigan is now using LiveData PeriOp Manager in its operating rooms. LiveData partner Document Storage Systems, Inc. (DSS) installed PeriOp Manager throughout the OR suite.
The VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System (VAAAHS) campus serves as a referral center for specialty care and operates 109 acute care beds and 40 Community Living Center (extended care) beds. More than 65,000 Veterans living in a 15-county area of Michigan and northwest Ohio utilized VAAAHS in fiscal year 2015.
LiveData and DSS have partnered to deliver and install a perioperative workflow solution for users of VistA, the Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture electronic health record system.
"We can give no greater tribute to our Veterans than to pursue continued excellence in the VHA health care system," said Mark Byers, President and CEO of DSS. "LiveData PeriOp Manager serves an essential role as a vital patient safety addition to the VistA environment."
LiveData PeriOp Manager synchronizes perioperative workflow throughout the entire perioperative suite to create an optimal care environment for patients and staff alike. Coordinating patient flow, patient care, and related resources from preoperative assessment to discharge, all in real-time, PeriOp Manager streamlines OR throughput and promotes full compliance with CMS, The Joint Commission, and other critical patient safety mandates.
“Today’s hospitals want a truly patient-centric operating room, where the surgical team can focus more fully and effectively on the patient,” said LiveData President and CEO Jeff Robbins. “Technology integrated with VistA is the clinician’s greatest ally in bringing high quality patient care and OR efficiency to Veterans.”
LiveData PeriOp Manager integrates real-time data with workflow automation to coordinate and manage patient care throughout the perioperative suite. PeriOp Manager includes:
- OR-Schedule Board: a real-time view of the day’s surgical cases, enabling scheduled procedures to be adjusted as the day unfolds to reduce unnecessary cancellations, staff overtime, and to improve overall patient throughput and access to care.
- PreOp Board: a single, dynamic, operational view of patient status and perioperative case workflow ensures the necessary prerequisites for surgery are completed in time to ensure on-time starts and reduce unnecessary rescheduling or cancellations.
- OR-Dashboard: a display of patient information, visible to the entire surgical team, integrating data from hospital medical records and physiological devices with automated surgical workflow and patient safety information including Active Time Out, a real-time, interactive surgical safety checklist.
- Patient Flow: integrates the patient check-in process into perioperative workflow tracking.
- Family Waiting Board: a display designed for public areas to enable families to track the progress of their loved ones as they move through the surgical process.
- Analytics: comprehensive big data analysis, transforming real-time operational data into actionable quality, compliance, and efficiency intelligence.
About DSS, Inc.
DSS, Inc. develops and supplies integrated enhancements to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs VistA system, and specializes in healthcare IT solutions that improve quality and productivity. For more than 20 years, healthcare organizations have benefited from our technical services and VistA-integration expertise. DSS, Inc. has extensive experience working with federal, private, and public healthcare facilities to implement and modernize VistA systems to benefit clinical, administrative, and financial users. DSS, Inc. is a member of the Open Source Electronic Health Record Alliance (OSEHRA) organization. For more information about DSS, Inc. visit http://www.dssinc.com.
LiveData, Inc. is a leading innovator in real-time operational intelligence solutions. The company’s healthcare solutions gather real-time data from across the perioperative suite, coordinate it with team workflow, and present it as meaningful information on easy-to-read, graphic displays. Leading medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, and Veterans Health Administration facilities have selected LiveData solutions to improve patient safety, team communication, and perioperative efficiency. LiveData is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.livedata.com
LiveData, LiveData PeriOp Manager, OR-Dashboard, Active Time Out, OR-Schedule Board, Patient Flow, Family Waiting Board, and PeriOp Manager Analytics are trademarks of LiveData, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners, and are used for identification purposes only.