PALM DESERT, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amid a historic snowstorm that shut down large swathes of the United States, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) 2016 Annual Leadership Meeting commenced in Palm Desert, CA, bringing together leading digital media and marketing executives to discuss shifts in the media and marketing landscape. Interactive advertising is now a $50 billion dollar industry, and this year’s program will explore how technology, creativity, and consumer insights will need to synthesize in order to reach the next $50 billion.
“Digital marketing has seen immense growth, but changes in its evolution are inevitable and we must be prepared,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB. “This year’s IAB Annual Leadership Meeting will bring together the biggest names in the industry to share best practices and the latest innovations, and they will also highlight potential obstacles and opportunities on the horizon.”
One of the industry’s most celebrated business leaders, entrepreneurs, and philanthropists, Larry Ellison — Oracle’s Executive Chairman of the Board and Chief Technology Officer — will keynote the conference.
In addition, Emily Bazelon, The New York Times Magazine staff writer and political commentator with Slate’s Political Gabfest, will interview David Axelrod, Director of the University of Chicago Institute of Politics and Senior Political Commentator of CNN, to explore digital’s impact on the upcoming Presidential election.
This year’s star-studded roster of speakers features a variety of prominent leaders from across the brand marketing, media agency, technology, creative, and publishing arenas. They include:
- Jeffrey Cole, Director, Center for the Digital Future, USC Annenberg
- Dionne Colvin-Lovely, National Media Director, Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A.
- John Costello, President, Global Marketing and Innovation, Dunkin’ Brands
- Scott Cunningham, Senior Vice President Technology and Ad Operations, IAB, and General Manager, IAB Technology Laboratory
- Steve Hasker, Global President and COO, Nielsen
- Scott Meyer, CEO, Ghostery
- Sridhar Ramaswamy, Senior Vice President of Ads and Commerce, Google
- Michael Rubenstein, President, AppNexus
- Tom Shields, Senior Vice President, Publisher Strategy, AppNexus and Co-Founder, Yieldex
- Marisa Thalberg, Chief Marketing Officer, Taco Bell
- Lisa Utzschneider, Global Revenue Chief, Yahoo
- Jimmy Wales, Founder and Board Member, Wikia
- Doug Weaver, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Upstream Group, Inc.
IAB will post highlight videos from the event’s presentations for those who are unable to attend. For more information, visit iab.com/alm.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) empowers the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy. It is comprised of more than 650 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling, delivering, and optimizing digital advertising or marketing campaigns. Together, they account for 86 percent of online advertising in the United States. Working with its member companies, the IAB develops technical standards and best practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising, while also educating brands, agencies, and the wider business community on the importance of digital marketing. The organization is committed to professional development and elevating the knowledge, skills, expertise, and diversity of the workforce across the industry. Through the work of its public policy office in Washington, D.C., the IAB advocates for its members and promotes the value of the interactive advertising industry to legislators and policymakers. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City and has a West Coast office in San Francisco.