PRINCETON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Heartland Payment Systems (NYSE: HPY), one of the nation’s largest payment processors, today announced its secure point-of-sale (POS) software solution, featuring out-of-scope capacity, data security protection and a comprehensive breach warranty, is now available to LiquorPOS® beverage retailers.
The Heartland Secure™ out-of-scope solution streamlines the LiquorPOS paths to Europay, MasterCard and Visa (EMV) acceptance by taking the POS system completely out of the payment authorization process, which means no cardholder data is ever sent to the POS system. Heartland Secure is a comprehensive card data security solution that combines three powerful technologies: end-to-end encryption, tokenization and EMV.
The industry-leading Heartland solution provides beverage retailers with the highest level of protection available against card-present data fraud and will accept new payment methods including EMV chip-cards, mobile near field communication (NFC) and contactless.
Heartland Secure also offers beverage retail merchants additional protection against POS intrusions, insider misuse and other common sources of data fraud by eliminating the ability to monetize card data.
Heartland also upgraded its LiquorPOS software to allow several new feature enhancements including an updated, pre-loaded database of more than 35,000 items. Additional features include the ability to import and export data using Microsoft Excel, email purchase orders to vendors and allow for enhanced report, label and receipt customization.
LiquorPOS beverage retailers Greendale Liquor and Package Store of Worcester, Massachusetts and Wild House Wine and Spirits of East Amherst, New York have upgraded their POS systems to securely accept EMV payments with the help of Heartland and LiquorPOS.
- As beverage retailers prepared for the Oct. 1, 2015 EMV liability shift, when all financial liability for fraudulent card-present transactions shift to businesses that are not EMV compliant, they realized EMV alone is not enough.
- EMV compliance is not a government mandate and it is up to businesses to implement EMV-enabled terminals. However, businesses that decide to implement EMV technology will avoid liability for counterfeit card-present data fraud while boosting consumer confidence.
- Business are taking security to the next level with Heartland Secure, which comes with a comprehensive breach warranty—the first of its kind that protects businesses from payment card losses in the event of a breach.
- To be covered under the Heartland breach warranty, a business must have a Heartland Secure-certified device and process payments through Heartland on that device.
- Heartland acquired LiquorPOS, a leader in POS software for the beverage industry, in 2014. As the no. 1 POS solution for liquor stores in the U.S., LiquorPOS provides customized point-of-sale and inventory control software to help beverage retailers manage their operations.
- Bill Talcott, owner, Greendale Liquor and Package Store
“We have worked hard to build a successful brand and business that many have come to rely on. The last thing we want is for our customers’ credit and debit card data to be stolen and used by cyber criminals. We need the confidence that every time a card is swiped at Greendale Liquor and Package Storage, the data is protected. The Heartland Secure out-of-scope solution provides us that assurance and the Heartland comprehensive breach warranty supports it.”
- Judy Vogel, chief executive officer, Wild Horse Wine and Spirits
“It is important for us to be EMV compliant because of the liability shift. But it’s more important for our business to be Heartland Secure to protect our company’s reputation. We don’t want to be caught off guard by hackers. Our point-of-sale transactions are fully protected and the Heartland comprehensive breach warranty adds an extra layer of security that shields us from the financial responsibility in the case of a breach.”
- Robert O. Carr, chairman and CEO, Heartland
“Heartland continues its tradition of providing resellers and merchants with the most advanced, reliable and competitively-priced technologies and superior customer service and support. Merchants using LiquorPOS software are now able to enjoy the benefits offered by Heartland Secure out-of-scope, our state-of-the-art data security solutions and comprehensive breach warranty.”
- [Photo] Robert O. Carr
- [Photo] PAX S300 Signature Capture PIN Pad
- [Video] Heartland Secure - Complete Payment Processing Security
- [Video] Why It's Best to be Out-of-Scope
- Read about Heartland.
- Read about LiquorPOS.
- Read about Heartland Secure™.
- Subscribe to Heartland newsletter.
- RSS Feed for Heartland news releases
- For more information about Heartland’s news and activities, follow the company via Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook and YouTube.
Tags/Keywords: Heartland, Heartland Payment Systems, LiquorPOS, Heartland comprehensive breach warranty, breach warranty, warranty, breach, Heartland Secure™, secure, security, out-of-scope, Heartland Out-of-Scope, Robert O. Carr, Greendale Liquor and Package Store, Bill Talcott, Wild Horse Wine and Spirts, Judy Vogel
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the United States, delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing and security technology through Heartland Secure™ and its comprehensive Heartland breach warranty. Heartland also offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-commerce, marketing solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 300,000 business and educational locations nationwide.
A FORTUNE 1000 company, Heartland is the founding supporter of the Merchant Bill of Rights, a public advocacy initiative that educates merchants about fair credit and debit card processing practices. Heartland also established the Sales Professional Bill of Rights to advocate for the rights of sales professionals everywhere.