DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Qdoba®, the fast-casual brand known for its 3-Cheese Queso and free guacamole on entrées, is putting the smack-down on bland tacos with the launch of its Knockout Tacos™.
Featuring warm corn or flour tortillas and savory slow-cooked and flame-grilled meats, Knockout Tacos introduce a mashup of bold and unexpected flavor combinations that awaken the taste buds.
“The taco has evolved! It was a rigorous flavor innovation journey, and we can’t wait to share our Knockout Tacos with our guests,” said Tim Casey, President of Qdoba. “We’re recreating the Qdoba experience for our guests, starting with our food. Knockout Tacos let our guests explore flavors and mix and match different tacos to get an all new, unmatched experience.”
Guests have six options to choose from on their Knockout Tacos adventure:
- Drunken Yardbird™ is made with tangy tequila lime chicken, hand-smashed guacamole, salsa verde, cilantro, minced onion, and cotija cheese.
- Mad Rancher™ is filled with grilled chicken, bacon, hand-smashed guacamole, picante ranch, lettuce, pico de gallo, and cotija cheese.
- Two Timer™ features pulled pork, salsa roja, shredded cheese, lettuce, pico de gallo, cotija cheese, and a crispy taco wrapped in a flour tortilla spread with 3-Cheese Queso.
- Triple Threat™ is comprised of juicy steak, bacon, 3-Cheese Queso, fajita veggies, pico de gallo, and cotija cheese.
- The Gladiator™ has steak, bacon, pico de gallo, lettuce, Mexican Caesar dressing, cilantro, and cotija cheese.
- Bohemian Veg™ is covered in shredded cheese, black beans, corn salsa, hand-smashed guacamole, salsa verde, minced onions, cilantro, and cotija cheese.
From their funky names to their crave-worthy combinations, Knockout Tacos™ are launching as part of the brand’s evolution from Qdoba Mexican Grill® to Qdoba Mexican Eats®. As the new name suggests, Qdoba Mexican Eats is embarking in a bold, new direction in every aspect of the guest experience – from the restaurant environment and in-dining experience to new menu items such as the Knockout Tacos, new uniforms, and much, much more.
“Our research showed that our guests want rich combinations and like to explore new menu items rather than settle for tired, plain food options,” said John Cooke, Vice President of Menu Strategy & Innovation. “We tested dozens of taco combinations, and these six recipes really stood out with their bold profiles. There’s even a vegetarian option that really packs a flavor punch.”
Guests can enjoy a single taco for $3.50, or any three for $9.00, at participating locations (prices exclude tax and may vary by location). Discover more at the nearest Qdoba: http://www.qdoba.com/locations, or join the conversation with #ChooseFlavor on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
About Qdoba Mexican Eats®
At Qdoba, everyone is invited to live a more flavorful life. The Qdoba experience comes to life through its multi-dimensional approach to flavor that encompasses its people, place, and food. Through the brand’s vision of flavor, guests and team members alike are encouraged to celebrate individuality, break down the walls of convention, and boldly craft a meal that’s packed full of flavors like 3-Cheese Queso and hand-smashed guacamole. Rooted in Denver since its beginnings in 1995, Qdoba – a wholly owned subsidiary of Jack in the Box Inc. (NASDAQ: JACK) – has more than 600 restaurants in 47 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada. Stop by www.qdoba.com to discover more.