DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h62snn/global_and) has announced the addition of the "Global and Chinese Superabsorbent Polymers (SAP) Industry Report, 2014-2018" report to their offering.
Superabsorbent polymers (SAPs) (also called super absorbent) are a new high polymer material that has high absorption capacity and swelling capacity. A SAP may absorb hundreds of or even one thousand times its weight. It is mainly used in personal disposable hygiene products, such as baby diapers, adult incontinence products, and feminine hygiene products.
In 2014, the global SAP capacity came to 3.119 million tons, up 11.8% from a year earlier, which was mainly distributed in China, Japan, the United States, Germany, and other countries and regions. Over the same year, China overtook Japan as the world's largest country in SAP capacity, accounting for 27.2% of the global total.
Propelled by the growth in global demand for hygiene products, the global SAP consumption totaled 2,130 kt in 2014, up 7.14% year on year. Among them, China consumed 315 kt, up 18.0% from the previous year, a rise that was far higher than the global average. In future, driven by the factors including the implementation of the "Selective Two-child Policy" and the increase of ageing population, China's SAP consumption will further expand, with an estimated CAGR of some 20% during 2015-2018.
At present, the global SAP manufacturers represent a high concentration, with more than 80% of SAP capacity in the hands of top 6 enterprises EVONIK Industries, Nippon Shokubai, BASF, Sumitomo Seika Chemicals, SDP Global, and Yixing Danson Technology. Moreover, all major enterprises are still stepping up layout, continuously expanding projects and increasing market share.
Key Topics Covered
- Development of Global Superabsorbent Polymers (SAP) Industry
- Development of China's SAP Industry
- China's Acrylic Acid Market
- Downstream Sectors of China's SAP Industry
- Major Global SAP Manufacturers
- Major Chinese SAP Manufacturers
- Conclusion and Prediction
- Formosa Plastics
- Jinan Haoyue Absorbent Materials
- Nippon Shokubai
- Nisshoku Chemical Industry (Zhangjiagang)
- Quanzhou Banglida Technology Industry
- SDP Global
- San-Dia Polymers (Nantong)
- Shandong Nuoer Bio-Tech
- Shandong Zhongke Boyuan New Material Technology
- Shanghai Huayi Acrylic Acid
- Sumitomo Seika Chemicals
- Tangshan Boya Resin
- Yixing Danson Technology
- Zhejiang Satellite Petro-Chemical
- Zhejiang Weilong Polymer Material
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h62snn/global_and