MEXICO CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Building on the success of the Kindle Store that opened for Mexican customers in 2013, Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) today launched its physical goods store on Amazon.com.mx, a Spanish-language website with millions of unique items available for customers in Mexico – with selection growing every day. Beginning with more categories than any other international Amazon website has featured at launch, Amazon.com.mx offers a vast selection of products at low prices in Consumer Electronics, Kitchen & Home, Sports & Outdoors, Tools & Home Improvement, Baby, Health & Personal Care, Watches, Books, Music, DVD, Video Games and Software. Consumers receive free shipping on orders above MXN 599 that are fulfilled by Amazon.
“Our mission at Amazon is to be Earth's most customer centric company, and we strive to be the destination where people can find anything they want to buy online,” said Alexandre Gagnon, Director, International Expansion, Amazon. “With Amazon.com.mx, customers in Mexico will find more of what they want – the largest selection in the country, low prices, fast and reliable delivery, all with a trusted and convenient experience.”
Mexico’s Largest Selection
At Amazon.com.mx, customers will find the most comprehensive retail selection available to customers in Mexico – ranging from the most popular items from the world's leading brands to unique products that customers can’t find anywhere else – offered at low prices and backed by award-winning customer service. Selection includes:
- Consumer Electronics: A vast selection of big screen TVs, computers and laptops, headphones, smartphones, smartwatches, cameras, cables and accessories
- Videogames: All consoles and thousands of titles, including the latest releases for XBOX One, XBOX 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PSP, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS and the PC
- Sports & Outdoors: Equipment for individual and team sports, along with outdoor gear for camping, hunting and fishing
- Kitchen & Home: A wide selection of appliances, kitchenware, furniture, bedding, and items for the bath, patio and garden
- Tools & Home Improvement: Everything you need to build or repair, including manual and power tools, locks, measuring instruments, lamps, light fixtures and hardware
- Health & Personal Care: A comprehensive selection of beauty and grooming items, vitamins and supplements, household products and other accessories for you and your family
- Baby: Everything a parent needs for a baby, including diapers, wipes, car seats, strollers and more
- Watches: Analog and digital watches from top brands, in a variety of styles for men and women
- Music: CDs and vinyl records from many genres, including pop, rock, classical, folk, jazz and music for children
- Movies and TV series: An extensive catalog of DVDs, Blu-rays, and 3D Blu-rays, with movies and TV series from genres such as comedy, action, drama, sci-fi, horror and documentaries
- Kindle Store: Launched in 2013, the Kindle Store offers over 2 million eBooks of many different genres, including more than 120,000 titles in Spanish
- Books: Millions of print books across many genres, such as fiction, nonfiction, children’s literature, self-improvement and academic publications
The Best Devices for Reading
As part of today’s launch, Amazon is introducing three Kindle e-readers for Mexican customers to purchase directly from Amazon.com.mx: the MXN 1,499 Kindle; the all-new Kindle Paperwhite with a 300 ppi display, new exclusive Kindle font Bookerly, and a new typesetting engine for more beautiful pages; and Kindle Voyage, the most advanced Kindle ever created with a 300 ppi display and the highest brightness and highest contrast of any Kindle. All Kindles have displays that read like real paper, so you can read in bright sunlight with no glare, and read without eye strain. Kindle devices can be purchased at Amazon.com.mx and arrive pre-registered so customers can easily start reading immediately.
Amazon.com.mx offers millions of unique international products, allowing customers in Mexico to browse and purchase items from all over the world. In addition, businesses of all sizes also offer millions of unique products for sale on Amazon.com.mx. Mexican customers can trust that all products offered come with a safe and secure online ordering experience, convenient electronic payments and Amazon’s A-to-Z guarantee.
Trusted and Secure Shopping
With convenient and secure payment options built on nearly 20 years of e-commerce experience, Amazon.com.mx provides several payment methods for customers to choose from. Amazon works with financial institutions to ensure customers can confidently shop at Amazon.com.mx. Amazon will offer many new payment features shortly, including monthly payments option.
Fast and Convenient Shipping
Amazon.com.mx offers free shipping on purchases of MXN 599 and above that are fulfilled by Amazon and also provides a range of paid shipping options. Customers in Mexico also have the option of picking up their purchases from hundreds of locations across the country.
“The expansion of Amazon.com.mx represents Amazon’s biggest international launch ever,” said Juan Carlos García, Country Manager for Amazon Mexico. “With convenient and secure payment options and fast delivery, our goal is to deliver a world-class shopping experience for customers in Mexico.”
Grow Your Business
With 278 million active Amazon customer accounts worldwide, businesses of all sizes in Mexico have an opportunity to grow their business by selling on Amazon.com.mx and other Amazon sites. Sellers can offer their products on Amazon at no cost - there is no product listing fee. Amazon provides all sellers payment processing and credit card fraud protection. In addition, sellers can utilize the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) service to efficiently get their products to customers. Sellers using FBA store their products in Amazon fulfillment centers and Amazon will pick, pack and ship their products directly to customers. FBA also provides sellers with Amazon’s award-winning customer service and comprehensive purchase protection with Amazon’s A-to-Z guarantee.
Shop Anywhere, Anytime from Mobile Devices
Thanks to the Amazon App, available now for download on Google Play and the Apple App Store, customers can conveniently shop anywhere, anytime. The Amazon App also allows customers to track orders, contact customer service, read product reviews, or simply browse Mexico’s largest - and growing - selection.
Customers can download the Amazon App or visit Amazon.com.mx to create an account and start shopping today.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire phone, Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.