FREIBURG, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Concept Engineering, specialists in visualization and debugging technology for electronic circuits and systems, will demonstrate version 6 of the company’s Vision product line to designers of analog, digital, mixed-signal circuits, systems-on-chip (SoCs), and field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) at the 52nd Design Automation Conference (DAC) in San Francisco, California, in June 2015.
StarVision® PRO, RTLvision® PRO, GateVision® PRO, and SpiceVision® PRO are customizable and scriptable debugging and visualization software tools that help electronic design engineers to easily understand, debug, optimize and document their designs. StarVision PRO provides analog, digital and mixed-signal debugging capabilities, customizable design rule checks and automated netlist pruning. RTLvision PRO is used for RTL debugging and intellectual property (IP) development. Designers use GateVision PRO for advanced netlist debugging of complex SoC netlists. SpiceVision PRO provides advanced exploration and debugging features for transistor-level and post-layout netlists. SpiceVision PRO’s unique SPICE netlist visualization capabilities help engineers to analyze SPICE simulation results and allow easy location of circuit problems at the device level.
“With version 6, we continue to improve our specialized product family with individual tools for specific circuit debugging problems,” said Pascal Bolzhauser, product manager for Concept Engineering’s Vision product line. “We have made specific enhancements to each tool and we also have incorporated multiple general usability improvements.”
Notable enhancements in the version 6 platform are:
- Improved netlist pruning: In addition to Verilog and SPICE netlist export and pruning, StarVision PRO now also allows netlist pruning for the most common post-layout formats, DSPF and SPEF.
- Advanced post-layout debugging: Improved visualization and debugging of parasitic networks.
- API improvements: Improvements in the database API and GUI API allow even more sophisticated code to be developed and executed by the tool.
- Advanced batch processing: Enhanced batch processing capabilities allow more efficient processing of user-defined analysis and debugging tasks.
- Unified File Open Dialog: Makes it easier to load complex mixed-language SoC designs and libraries.
- Improved visual debugging capabilities such as: Smart connectivity lens view, improved schematic navigation history, and on-the-fly hierarchy exploration with built-in fold and un-fold controls.
The company’s schematic generation tools for EDA tool developers and the new version 6 of the company’s visualization and debugging tools will be demonstrated in the Concept Engineering booths (#2208 and 2210) at DAC 2015 in Moscone Center, San Francisco, from June 8th to June 11th, 2015.
Version 6.0 products are available now to download from the company’s website. There are no additional fees for existing customers with valid licenses.
About Concept Engineering
Concept Engineering is a privately-held company based in Freiburg, Germany, that provides visualization and debugging technology for electronic circuits and systems, including automatic schematic generation technology for all major design levels. The company’s technology helps electronic design engineers to easily understand, debug, optimize and document electronic designs. Concept Engineering’s software technology is used in many fields in the EDA market, including: RTL development, IP reuse, ASIC and SoC design, FPGA design, analog/ mixed-signal design, logic synthesis, design verification, test automation, post-layout analysis, debugging and visualization at system level, RTL level, netlist level and transistor level.
SpiceVision PRO, GateVision PRO, RTLvision PRO and StarVision PRO are registered trademarks and Nlview, T-engine and S-engine are trademarks of Concept Engineering GmbH. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.