WASHINGTON & CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The COPD Foundation will host COPD9USA, June 5-6, 2015, at Hyatt Regency O’Hare, Chicago.
The event will focus on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), the nation’s third leading cause of death, providing clinical and scientific knowledge for physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and anyone involved with the management of individuals with COPD.
“COPD9USA is a unique opportunity to interact face-to-face with thought-leaders in the field and to share practical information for care management, as well as the latest in clinical research,” says John W. Walsh, President and Co-founder of the COPD Foundation.
The conference will highlight cutting-edge issues that affect patient care from research, clinical, and care delivery perspectives:
- The Research Track will include sessions on novel therapies in development, and the session: “Can We Prevent COPD? Developmental and Environmental Influences.” (Friday, 6/5 1:30 p.m.)
- The Clinical Track will feature sessions on lung-volume reduction surgery, lung transplants and stem cells (Sat., 6/6 10 a.m.) as well as the session: “Individualizing COPD Care.” (Friday, 1:30 p.m.)
- The Care Delivery Track is designed to improve patient outcomes by addressing how healthcare should be delivered in the current environment, including the session: “The Changing Face of Healthcare: How Policy Changes are Driving COPD Care.” (Friday, 9:30 a.m.)
Over 75 poster presentations from COPD researchers and experts from the U.S. and abroad will be presented including:
- A COPD Support Group Using a Novel Harmonic Device (Friday, 4 p.m.)
- The Effectiveness of Social Media for Patient Education (Friday, 4 p.m.)
Patients may attend an educational workshop facilitated by Grace Anne Dorney Koppel, COPD patient and wife of famed news anchor, Ted Koppel. Additionally, ndd Medical Technologies will provide lung screenings for COPD to the general public at no cost (Friday).
The COPDUSA conferences are modeled after the successful COPD conference series held in the United Kingdom for the past 18 years.
About the COPD Foundation
The COPD Foundation was established to undertake initiatives that result in expanded services for COPD and to improve the lives of individuals affected by COPD. The Foundation’s activities focus on achieving these results through research, education and advocacy programs that will lead to prevention and a cure for this disease. Visit www.copdfoundation.org.