IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kareo, the leading provider of cloud-based software and services for independent medical practices, today announced the next generation of its outsourced billing solution. Kareo Medical Billing is a new and improved cloud-based billing solution designed to help medical practices optimize their revenue potential. Practices can access Kareo Medical Billing through both web and mobile applications, providing unmatched visibility into the status of all of open claims and overall billing performance. Kareo Medical Billing also delivers secure, real-time communication between all practice staff members and Kareo, ensuring open billing or other issues can be efficiently and quickly resolved.
“Getting paid quickly with the least amount of effort is an essential requirement for medical practices today, but achieving this goal has been out of reach for many practices,” said Dan Rodrigues, founder and CEO of Kareo. “Given this reality, we’re proud to release our next generation solution designed to help practices optimize their revenue performance, while providing 24/7 visibility into all aspects of the practice - from scheduling to insurance verification.”
Kareo Medical Billing allows practices to view their billing status simply and in real time, securely communicate with their biller from anywhere, and review performance based on their goals - all on a single user-interface. Key features of the improved solution, available through the web and native iPad and iPhone applications, include:
- An integrated platform that syncs schedules and allows staff visibility into patient intake, practice and biller communication, and patient insurance information on the web and mobile devices. The platform integrates with a practice’s existing Kareo or integrated partner EHR, allowing providers complete visibility into their practice’s performance.
- A revenue cycle performance overview that gives providers visibility into their billing and collections lifecycle. Providers can feel more confident in the accuracy and efficiency of their claims and billing processes by looking at a complete view of their practice’s financial history.
- Customized reports that are sent on a scheduled basis to offer continuous insight into the practice’s billing and collections performance.
- Secure messaging, which allows providers to remain HIPAA compliant while communicating directly with their biller, patients and employees. The built-in messaging system provides a record of all communication for improved documentation and push notifications so that providers can control when they receive message alerts.
- A Customer Success Coach to guide providers through set-up, training, enrollment, and if necessary, the credentialing process. Additionally, a dedicated Account Manager is assigned to a practice based on specialty, allowing more accurate and attentive support.
With the transition to ICD-10 approaching, practices need to ensure their billing processes are solid and outsourcing with the right partner is one way to do this. According to the May 2014 Black Book survey, “90% of solo and small physician practices with in-house billers & collectors expect to outsource most or all of their medical billing functions in the next 24 months.”
Kareo entered the revenue cycle market in January 2013, recognizing the need to differentiate and revolutionize billing services for the small independent practice market. The new Kareo Medical Billing solution delivers a unique combination of proven experience and powerful technology to help practices become more agile and flexible in managing their patient’s payment options, as well as improving overall revenue cycle management. To learn more about Kareo Medical Billing, please visit Kareo.com.
Kareo is the only cloud-based medical office software and services platform purpose-built for small practices. At Kareo, we believe that, with the right tools and support, small practices can do big things. We offer an integrated solution of products and services designed to help physicians get paid faster, find new patients, run their business smarter, and provide better care. Our practice management software, medical billing solution, practice marketing tools and free, award-winning fully certified EHR help more than 30,000 medical providers more efficiently manage the business and clinical sides of their practice. Kareo has received extensive industry recognition, including the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500/5000, Red Herring Top 100 Company, and Black Book #1 Integrated EHR, Practice Management and Billing Vendor. Headquartered in Irvine, California, the Kareo mission is to help providers spend their time focused on patients, not paperwork. For more information, visit www.kareo.com.