LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Two years ago Huawei launched its legendary P6 in London, the first in a series of smart, beautiful devices. Today the company returns to London to unveil its latest P Series smartphones – the Huawei P8 and Huawei P8max. The Huawei P8max builds on the beauty of the P8 design and features a larger 6.8-inch screen, longer battery life and a unique camera with light tracing capabilities for any environment. It also inherits the elegant ID design and extraordinary light painting capabilities of the P series smartphones. Together, these features deliver more fun to consumers in a larger, but still “pocketable” size.
Huawei P8max Highlights
- A large 4360mAh battery with Huawei’s power management technology to ensure outstanding battery life, allowing consumers to watch video for 15 hours; surf the web for 15 hours; or listen to music for 60 hours.
- The front and rear cameras of Huawei P8max use a 5+13 mega pixel combination and the rear camera is equipped with a professional-grade Image Signal Processor (similar to the technology found in SLR cameras) and dual-tone flash to bring out true color in night photos.
- Light Painting and Director mode filming provide users with more creative instruments at their fingertips.
- Huawei P8max supports Dual SIM and Dual Standby for China Mobile and China Unicom with a maximum 4G download speed of 300Mbps.
- The Huawei P8max innovates to stay cool, using the same DX19 high thermal conductivity material found in luxury automobiles.
Bigger Screen, Bigger Battery and “Bigger” Dreams
The Huawei P8max uses a 6.8-inch high definition JDI screen that is the largest in-cell FHD screen in the world. The smartphone’s patented seven-layer heat conduction structure and DX19 high thermal conductivity material provide heat distribution in a super slim design that’s cooler, nicer to the touch and easier to carry.
The device’s display provides advanced color enhancement technology and a customized user interface that lets consumers view content in panel mode, split screen mode or landscape view.
A New Philosophy for Photography and Creativity
The Huawei P8max introduces a new philosophy for camera design, optimized for low light and high contrast. It leverages a combination of hardware, software and proprietary algorithms to help users capture beautiful photographs, even in the worst lighting conditions. Features include:
- Industry-leading Optical Image Stabilizer technology up to 1.2°, enabling high-quality photos and videos and managing camera shake so images are consistently sharp.
- DSLR-level independent image processor enabling noise reduction when shooting and intelligent detection of a high-contrast lighting environment.
- Four professional quality low-light shooting modes, giving users access to a virtual photo and video studio to capture artistic inspirations.
There are two versions of the Huawei P8max; the standard device for €549 and the premium version for €649. It will be available in more than 30 countries.
About Huawei Consumer Business Group
By 2014, Huawei’s products and services have covered more than 170 countries, and a third of the world’s population. Huawei’s shipments of smartphones ranked third in the world in 2014. Huawei has 16 R&D centers have been set up in the US, Germany, Sweden, Russia, India, and China. Huawei Consumer Business Group is one of three businesses within Huawei, covering smartphones, mobile broadband devices, home devices and cloud services. Based on more than 20 years of Huawei’s expertise in the telecom industry, built on Huawei’s global network, worldwide operations and business partners, Huawei Consumer Business Group is dedicated to providing the latest technology to the consumers and bringing the joy of technological advances to people all around the world. Huawei acts on its word and fulfills dreams. For more information please visit: www.consumer.huawei.com.