SAN FRANCISCO & SYDNEY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Campaign Monitor, a provider of simple and elegant email marketing software for business, today announced email automation for the rest of us. The new email automation takes the simplicity of self-service experience and marries it with the power of an enterprise marketing suite to enable businesses to send beautiful and relevant messages to customers and influencers at exactly the right time.
“Businesses rely on email marketing as the No. 1 marketing channel that delivers ROO, but only a tiny percentage of companies can implement complex enterprise marketing systems,” said Kraig Swensrud, CMO, Campaign Monitor. “Campaign Monitor has evolved to uniquely serve any company and we built email automation to be sophisticated — not complex.”
Businesses want to personalize their interactions with customers, but it requires a lot of time and energy when multiplied by thousands — or millions — of customers. Email marketing is the digital workhorse, deemed the most effective (relative to other digital tactics) for building awareness, acquisition, retention and conversion .
"Every customer engagement is an opportunity to create a positive brand relationship," said Goran Stefkovski, CTO of Kogan.com, Australia's biggest online retailer. "Email is one of the most effective ways for us to connect with our customers. Campaign Monitor's automation helps us welcome new customers, the moment they join our community."
Email automation is now completely integrated into the Campaign Monitor technology suite that can be used by anyone at any business. The new features can be used to easily create workflows to send beautiful, professional, personalized emails are triggered by:
- Someone joining a list. To maximize customer engagement, many businesses reach out to new customers, fans and followers when they join a service, buy a product or subscribe to a blog. BuzzFeed engages new readers by sending a series of emails with tailored content with Campaign Monitor.
- A specific date. Businesses know when they should be reaching out to customers and Campaign Monitor helps them do just that with minimal effort, at scale. Companies like Toyota use Campaign Monitor to remind their valued customers when their vehicles are due for mile maintenance service.
- An anniversary of a date. Customers tell businesses important dates - think birthdays and anniversaries of joining a service - and companies want to connect with customers at exactly the right time. Australian Red Cross reaches out to blood donors every year on their birthday to thank them for giving the gift of life to others.
- Site or blog updates. Businesses want people to notice when they post significant updates to their website or publish new blog posts and email is the most effective way to get attention. Big White Ski Resort uses Campaign Monitor to send a daily snow report to their subscribers.
Pricing and Availability
- Email automation is generally available today for Campaign Monitor customers at no additional charge.
About Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor is simple and elegant email marketing software for business. Millions of marketing professionals at more than 120,000 companies around the world, including BuzzFeed, Coca-Cola, Disney, Fitbit, Rip Curl and the San Diego Chargers, use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business. Founded in 2004, Campaign Monitor has offices and 24/7 live support in 20 cities globally, including San Francisco, New York, London and Sydney. Learn more at www.campaignmonitor.com.
 GigaOM Research (2014) Workhorses and dark horses: digital tactics for customer acquisition - Retrieved from http://go.extole.com/rs/extole/images/Gigaom%20Research%20-%20Work%20horses%20and%20dark%20horses.pdf