SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Redfin (www.redfin.com), the customer-first real estate brokerage, today announced the launch of its home-buying and selling services in St. Louis. People can now work with Redfin agents to buy and sell homes in the city of St. Louis, St. Louis County and St. Charles County.
“The Gateway to the West has been getting a lot of attention lately for having one of the country’s fastest-growing startup scenes, and the ground here is fertile for new businesses and approaches of all kinds,” said Redfin Regional Director Mark Reitman. “We’re thankful for a warm welcome from St. Louis’ tech and real estate communities, and we’re excited to see how consumers here like using our online and mobile tools and working with our service-obsessed agents.”
The Redfin model is different from that of other brokerages because it uniquely aligns agent and customer interests. Redfin agents are paid a salary and receive benefits, with customer satisfaction ratings — not transactions — determining each agent’s bonuses. All reviews for all Redfin agents are published on their online profiles.
Redfin also works to put money back into the pockets of its home-selling customers. For listing clients, Redfin agents charge 1.5 percent rather than the typical 3 percent, while providing the full listing service, from pricing and staging advice and professional photography through the negotiation and closing processes. Someone selling a $300,000 home would save $4,500.
Redfin hired Tamika Evans to lead the local team and grow Redfin’s business in St. Louis. Evans received her undergraduate degree at the University of Wisconsin and went on to earn her masters of education at the University of Missouri. She began her real estate career in 2001 working as an agent and got her broker's license in 2009. In addition to helping buyers and sellers, Evans taught training sessions to help other local agents learn about the latest in real estate technology and facilitated homebuyer education classes for Beyond Housing.
“Redfin is a one-of-a kind company, from our service-oriented business model to the helpful tools and search features on our website and mobile apps,” Evans said. “I can’t wait to introduce Redfin to St. Louis and for locals to experience how fun it can be to buy or sell a home using innovative technology and an agent who's on your side. I think it will be a good fit here.”
With the arrival of Redfin, people in St. Louis can now use state-of-the art online and mobile tools to quickly access the most accurate and up-to-date information about homes for sale:
- Redfin Matchmaker: Software that recommends unexpected listings to Redfin clients.
- Instant Tour Scheduling: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
- Redfin Home Value Tool: A more accurate way to find out what your home is worth using self-selected comparable homes for sale in your market.
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Search by School: Shows all the homes for sale served by a certain school with one easy search.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Redfin Open Book: Reviews of lenders, inspectors and title companies for buyers and handymen, stagers and more with feedback from Redfin agents.
To find or sell a house and to connect with a local agent, please visit redfin.com. To learn more about working at Redfin and to apply for open positions in St. Louis and other locations, please visit redfin.com/jobs.
Connect with Redfin
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a customer-first real estate brokerage that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin has a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not salespeople, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin.com features all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don't pay brokers a commission. Redfin also offers online tools that make the entire process of buying or selling a home easier and more fun. The company serves major markets across the U.S. and has closed nearly $20 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The DIGITAL 100: World's Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider.