NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Now you can perform a sun salutation anytime, anywhere. On the heels of NBCUniversal’s introduction of Radius, a new premium fitness brand that offers unlimited access to a broad variety of workout and lifestyle programming, comes the launch of “Transcend” – a new yoga offering added to the Radius experience. Created for everyone from beginners to experienced yogis, “Transcend” is designed and taught exclusively by Los Angeles yoga expert Caley Alyssa, with on-demand content spanning six individual yoga sessions and more than 20 instructional videos that demonstrate proper yoga technique, move-by-move.
“The introduction of Transcend illustrates our commitment to providing Radius members with a growing variety of fitness programs for all interests and levels,” said Michael Kane, head of programming and production, Radius. “Caley’s fresh perspective and inviting persona heightens the yoga experience, which will appeal to both newcomers and experienced yogis alike.”
Radius members can now access a comprehensive collection of both yoga classes and fitness workouts from one source across all of their screens and devices. From novice to expert levels, “Transcend” yoga classes focus on toning, strengthening, and stretching. Offerings include:
- Transcend Yoga Align -- a 30-minute class to help all levels learn and refine the fundamentals of yoga while going beyond traditional postures.
- Transcend Yoga Stretch -- a 30-minute, slower paced class that focuses on deep stretches for all levels, ranging from elite athletes to those who casually exercise.
- Transcend Yoga Tone -- a 30-minute, dynamic class that is focused on movement to tone and strengthen the entire body. Not only will you gain flexibility, but muscular strength and endurance as well.
- Transcend Yoga Core -- a 30-minute class that will work the most important area in the body—the core, because every movement originates from the center.
- Transcend Yoga AM -- a 25-minute class that is designed to jumpstart your day, connecting breath to movement and giving you energy.
- Transcend Yoga Sweat -- a 40-minute sequence that is designed to get your heart pumping and build up body heat by alternating between lower and upper body movements.
- Transcend Yoga PM -- a 20-minute class designed to release stress and tension in preparation for a deep and restful sleep.
“If you’ve never tried Yoga before, Trancend is an approachable way to learn the basics and get a workout that’s not only physical, but also mental,” said Caley Alyssa, Radius master trainer. “Those who are experienced at practicing yoga will find that the program provides a solid foundation of principles that will deepen your practice and allow you to experience yoga in a different way.”
Radius programming is available across TV, mobile, tablets, desktops, and via the Radius Fitness application, empowering consumers to exercise on any screen, anytime, and anywhere:
- NBCSN every weekday from 6 – 9 a.m. ET
- RadiusFitness.com across all digital platforms
- Radius Fitness for iPhone and iPad can be downloaded on the App Store
- Coming soon to Xfinity On Demand
“Transcend” will make its TV debut on NBCSN on Wednesday, February 4, starting at 6:30 a.m. ET.
In addition to “Transcend,” NBCUniversal will announce many more new workout programs in the upcoming weeks and months. For more information, please visit RadiusFitness.com.
ABOUT RADIUS: Radius is a new premium subscription digital video service from NBCUniversal that makes first-class fitness experiences accessible anytime, anywhere, on any screen. Radius works intuitively via RadiusFitness.com across mobile, tablets, desktops, and via the Radius Fitness app for iPhone and iPad, providing consumers with easy access to personalized workouts on their terms, time, and turf. Radius programming airs on NBCSN from 6 – 9 a.m. ET, Monday through Friday.