WALTHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leostream Corporation, a leading developer of hosted desktop software, today announced the general availability of Leostream™ Connection Broker 8.0 with support for OpenStack clouds and HP Moonshot Systems. In addition, version 8.0 adds to the already comprehensive suite of user-session management tools, enabling enterprises to deploy large-scale hosted desktop and virtual desktop infrastructures (HDI and VDI) throughout their organization.
Highlights in Connection Broker 8.0 include:
- HP Moonshot System support for m700 and m710 Server Cartridges: Connection Broker 8.0 integrates with the HP Moonshot System Chassis Manager to allow organizations to inventory, power control, and assign users to persistent desktops hosted on m700 and m710 server cartridges.
- Windows Deployment Services: Connection Broker 8.0 allows administrators to leverage Microsoft Windows Deployment Services servers to deploy operating systems to HP Moonshot System cartridges, including batch scheduling operating system deployments and automatically installing Leostream Agents on the cartridges.
- OpenStack Clouds: Connection Broker 8.0 uses the OpenStack APIs to allow administrators to manage their OpenStack cloud within Leostream, including inventorying and power controlling existing OpenStack instances, and provisioning new instances from existing images.
- Teradici PCoIP support enhancements: Leostream Connection Broker 8.0 manages software-based PCoIP connections to virtual machines running a VMware Horizon View Direct-Connection Plugin, allowing end users to connect to both workstations and virtual machines from a Leostream login at a PCoIP zero clients. Leostream also adds single sign-on for PCoIP sessions established to Linux workstations with an installed PCoIP Remote Workstation card.
- HP RGS: Leostream expands their support for HP RGS with new user-configurable parameters that allow end users to tailor the performance and resolution of their remote desktop connection.
The full list of features available in Connection Broker 8.0 can be found in the Leostream Release Notes.
“OpenStack clouds and HP Moonshot Systems are two new technologies enterprises can use to realize the benefits of a hosted desktop infrastructure,” said Michael Palin, CEO of Leostream. “With Connection Broker 8.0, our commitment to OpenStack clouds and HP Moonshot Systems, along with our expanded support for Teradici PCoIP environments, allows organizations to take advantage of new solutions as they come to market, while leveraging the infrastructure they already have in place.”
Leostream (http://www.leostream.com) provides the critical connection-broker technology required for enterprises to achieve successful large-scale desktop virtualization implementations. The Leostream Connection Broker is the industry’s most widely deployed vendor-independent connection broker, enabling enterprises to integrate the complex array of clients, back-end systems and protocols required for successful virtualized desktop deployments. Hundreds of large enterprises in financial services, healthcare, government and other sectors rely on the Leostream Connection Broker to “make desktop virtualization work” and deliver the best end-user experience. Leostream is based in Waltham, Mass.
All company and product names are property of their respective owners.