DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/22srfq/nonlife) has announced the addition of the "Non-Life Insurance in Hong Kong, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
The Hong Kong non-life insurance segment grew at a review-period (2009-2013) compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.6%, primarily supported by rising motor vehicle sales, increased construction activity and a favorable regulatory environment. The increasing volume of construction and infrastructure projects drove demand for property insurance during the review period, supported the non-life segment. The non-life segment's gross written premium grew at a review-period CAGR of 10.6%, and is expected to increase at a forecast-period (2014-2018) CAGR of 8.9%) in 2018. Property insurance was the largest category, in terms of gross written premium, during the review period accounting for 37.6% of the segment's gross written premium in 2013. Liability insurance was the second-largest category in 2013.
- Despite the global financial crisis, the Hong Kong non-life insurance segment grew at a review-period CAGR of 10.6%.
- Property insurance was the segment's leading category in 2013, accounting for 37.6% of its gross written premium.
- The OCI is reviewing insurers' solvency and capital regimes, and plans to set up a risk-based capital framework for Hong Kong to be implemented by 2016.
- Property insurance is expected to be the second-largest category in 2018
- Rising motor vehicle sales, increased construction activity and the presence of mandatory employees' compensation, and motor third-party liability insurance supported the non-life segment's growth
Key Topics Covered:
1 Key Facts and Events
2 Executive Summary
4 Hong Kong Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5 Non-Life Insurance Outlook
6 Analysis by Distribution Channel
7 Governance, Risk and Compliance
8 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
- Zürich Insurance (Hong Kong) Ltd
- China Taiping Insurance (HK) Company Ltd
- Axa General Insurance Hong Kong Ltd
- Bank of China Group Insurance Company Ltd
- QBE Hongkong & Shanghai Insurance Ltd
- AIG Insurance Hong Kong Ltd
- Asia Insurance Company, Ltd
- MSIG Insurance (Hong Kong) Ltd
- Lloyd's Underwriters
- ACE Insurance Ltd (Hong Kong)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/22srfq/nonlife