TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6503) announced today that it will exhibit at CEATEC JAPAN 2014 at the Makuhari Messe exhibition complex in Chiba, Japan from October 7 to 11. Under the theme “Mitsubishi Electric is a bigger part of our lives than ever—from 4K televisions to outer space, Mitsubishi Electric technologies are shaping our future,” the company will present cutting-edge technologies and products at Booth No. 2L43 in the “Lifestyle & Society Stage” area of Hall 2.
The booth will present ultra-high-definition (Ultra-HD) 4K Laser LCD televisions, innovative technologies and products for space systems and highlights of many other Mitsubishi Electric business divisions. At the REAL 4K Stage, visitors will experience the beautiful imagery and sound of Mitsubishi Electric REAL 4K and see firsthand how the company is elevating audio-visual technology to a new level. The Space Stage will help visitors understand the irreplaceable roles satellites play in communications, positioning and observation, as well as the various ways in which Mitsubishi Electric space technologies, products and systems are supporting society and people’s lives around the globe.
Zones and Main Exhibits
Making Our Lives More Enjoyable and Comfortable
- Enjoy the beauty of three-dimensional imagery unique to the LS1 Series 4K Ultra-HD Laser LCD TV and experience powerful, true-to-life audio in a specially constructed theater.
- Sit in a car equipped with Mitsubishi Electric’s DIATONE SOUND. NAVI audio/navigation system and hear high-quality sound realized through advanced DIATONE audio technologies.
- Test out Mitsubishi Electric’s original Ultra-simple Human-Machine Interface (HMI) for In-car Device Operation, which predicts operations users are most likely to perform.
Supporting Society and Daily Life from Space
- Learn about the size and structure of the TURKSAT-4A Turkish communications satellite during a virtual-reality demonstration in which you will wear special goggles.
- View the Mitsubishi Electric Quasi-zenith Satellite System and watch a demonstration of its highly accurate positioning capabilities, which greatly exceed those of conventional systems.
- See a display of the Advanced Land Observing Satellite 2 (ALOS-2).
- Observe a display of lightweight, high-performance industrial-use ventilation fans incorporating carbon fiber-reinforced plastic composite materials used in satellites.
Creating a More Affluent Society
- Inspect power conditioners used in electric vehicles to realize vehicle-to-home (V2H) systems.
- Watch a demonstration of a facial authentication system utilizing security cameras linked to smartphones.
- See how a remote surveillance system using Mitsubishi Electric’s smartstar® communication gateway can consolidate diverse communications functions for small-scale offices into a single system.
- Observe a model of Mitsubishi Electric’s Particle Therapy System and learn where it has been installed in Japan.
About Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
With over 90 years of experience in providing reliable, high-quality
products, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) is a recognized
world leader in the manufacture, marketing and sales of electrical and
electronic equipment used in information processing and communications,
space development and satellite communications, consumer electronics,
industrial technology, energy, transportation and building equipment.
Embracing the spirit of its corporate statement, Changes for the Better,
and its environmental statement, Eco Changes, Mitsubishi Electric
endeavors to be a global, leading green company, enriching society with
technology. The company recorded consolidated group sales of 4,054.3
billion yen (US$ 39.3 billion*) in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014.
For more information visit http://www.MitsubishiElectric.com
*At an exchange rate of 103 yen to the US dollar, the rate given by the Tokyo Foreign Exchange Market on March 31, 2014