SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation, a nonprofit organization formed by cloud-based talent management software provider Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ:CSOD), today announced the launch of NonprofitReady.org, an open online learning and social networking platform that provides more than 200 professional development courses and training to any nonprofit professional anywhere, anytime, at no cost.
NonprofitReady.org builds on the Foundation’s successful Gift of Learning program, which provided select nonprofit organizations with three months of complimentary access to a library of online training and development resources. A recent Bridgespan survey of nonprofit leaders revealed that the majority of nonprofits feel they have skilled and effective staff members, but 70 percent consider their lack of professional development opportunities to be an organizational weakness.1 NonprofitReady.org is specifically designed to provide free, easily accessible professional development and training courses to nonprofit employees and volunteers around the world.
In response to the overwhelming demand for the Gift of Learning, the Foundation is introducing NonprofitReady.org with a host of new enhancements, including:
- More than 200 learning titles. All learners have unlimited access to the entire training library of e-learning courses, videos, abstracts and webinars from leading organizations and experts in the nonprofit sector.
- Structured curriculum. Tailored training plans are available to help individual development needs for common nonprofit job functions, including Fundraising and development, leadership, accounting and finance, operations, marketing and communications, volunteer engagement and program management.
- Community-based learning. NonprofitReady.org also features collaborative learning groups facilitated by experts in the field. These communities of learning provide users with the opportunity to learn and share insights with colleagues on the most timely, relevant topics facing the sector.
- Social networking. Nonprofit professionals can connect with peer groups and mentors to share organizational best practices and enhance their professional development.
Comments on the News
- “Access to training and capacity building is an essential ingredient for nonprofit success, and we have seen firsthand the transformative impact Gift of Learning has had on nonprofits of all sizes,” said Greg Baldwin, president, VolunteerMatch. “Every time we offer this resource to our nonprofit network, we are overwhelmed with the number of organizations that sign up. With all the new features and course content in NonprofitReady.org, we know it will help even more of our organizations do their work and make a difference.”
- “NonprofitReady.org has helped tremendously with my ability to ‘tune up’ my professional development skills,” said Patricia Taylor, executive director, Eastside Neighborhood Association. “It has also been incredibly beneficial to share some of what I have learned with others.”
- “Training is a critical component to any successful organization, and providing efficient, effective and impactful training is especially important in the nonprofit community where budgets are tight and employees’ schedules are full,” said Mandy Luety, HR manager, Project Hope. “An online training resource like NonprofitReady.org helps reduce expenses and allows employees the flexibility to participate in professional development when and where it works best for them.”
- “Finding the budget and time to offer meaningful professional development opportunities is a significant hurdle for almost all nonprofits,” said Julie Brandt, executive director, Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation. “NonprofitReady.org will bring significant personal value to nonprofit professionals at all stages of their careers, ultimately increasing the effectiveness and impact of the entire nonprofit sector and the communities they serve.”
- Learn more about NonprofitReady.org. Read additional commentary about NonprofitReady.org from Justin Wedell, Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation’s nonprofit empowerment program manager, on the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation blog.
- Connect with the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation: For more information about the Foundation’s capacity building programs, visit www.cornerstoneondemand.org. To follow the latest Foundation news on Twitter, go to twitter.com/csodfoundation or search #nonprofitready. Follow the Foundation on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CSODFoundation.
About the Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation
The Cornerstone OnDemand Foundation transforms the way people help people. By providing Cornerstone’s talent management technology and capacity-building programs to the nonprofit sector, the Foundation helps organizations around the world better develop, engage and empower their employees and the people they serve. The Foundation focuses its efforts in the areas of education, workforce development and disaster relief. Since its founding, the Foundation has forged strategic partnerships with many leading nonprofits, such as Teach for America, Women for Women International, KIPP, Oxfam America, Save the Children and Goodwill Bay Area.
About Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand is a leader in cloud-based applications for talent management. The company’s solutions help organizations recruit, train, manage and engage their employees, empowering their people and increasing workforce productivity. Based in Santa Monica, California, the company’s solutions are used by over 1,800 clients worldwide, spanning more than 15.5 million users across 191 countries and 42 languages. For more information about Cornerstone, visit csod.com. Read Cornerstone’s blog at csod.com/blog. Follow Cornerstone on Twitter at twitter.com/CornerstoneInc. Like Cornerstone on Facebook at facebook.com/CSODcommunity.
Cornerstone® and Cornerstone OnDemand® are registered trademarks of Cornerstone OnDemand Inc.
1. The Bridgespan Group “Data Point: Employee Development a Weakness in Many Nonprofits,” 2011