SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Brightidea today announced the availability of the Fall 2014 version of its cloud-based Collaborative Innovation platform. The upgrade was developed over the past year and incorporates numerous breakthroughs in configurability, pipeline management tools and application performance.
“Most companies now realize they have to transform how they operate to survive and thrive in the 21st century,” said Matt Greeley, CEO of Brightidea, Inc. “With easy access to the sheer diversity of perspectives, it was inevitable that companies would look to their networks to expand their capacity to innovate.”
Today’s release represents the capstone of over 15 years of dedicated research, in collaboration with many of the world’s best-known brands, on how to leverage crowdsourcing and crowdfunding to accelerate corporate innovation.
Customers are now able to run multiple innovation processes in parallel to support different development pipelines that drive innovation across their business. Brightidea’s Fall 2014 - People Powered Innovation release includes increased support for:
- Continuous Improvement – Support on-going program to capture and track time or cost savings, improvements in safety, operations and logistics in production environments.
- Co-Creation Portal – Collect input from customers and partner stakeholders seamlessly and prioritize product improvements.
- Corporate Venturing – Track external investments and company progress in external programs.
- Crowdfunding – Allow funds to flow to the most impactful projects independent of pre-existing departmental or budgetary silo.
- Hack-a-thons – Hackers self-register projects and participants follow projects they are interested in.
- Targeted Challenges – Run targeted, time-boxed innovation challenges to solve intractable business and technical problems.
- Innovation Gallery – Showcase current and past innovation projects that are underway and delivering value to the organization.
- Invention Disclosure – Crowdsource promising opportunities for intellectual property inventions.
- New Product Development – Crowdsource new market opportunities and product line extensions.
- Open Innovation Portal – Create an interface with external partners and vendors, and setup a portal and pipeline for teams focused on on-boarding external technologies and vendors.
- Product Management – Collect feedback from internal and external stakeholders seamlessly and prioritize product improvements.
- Public Innovation Contests – Crowdsource and collect ideas from the public for key corporate initiatives.
The Brightidea Platform is complemented with a world-class professional services team. From setup and training to custom development and integrations, Brightidea provides the consulting services companies need to ensure their initiatives are a success.
Brightidea’s cloud-based platform offers single sign-on capability and a wide range of third-party API integrations to serve the needs of organizations, including integrations with SharePoint and JIRA project management software, Yammer social platform, GoodData reporting software and more.
For more information about the Brightidea Fall 2014 release, please visit www.brightidea.com/Fall2014.
Brightidea’s mission is to provide every company with a better way to innovate. Our Collaborative Innovation software allows companies to achieve their highest potential by fully leveraging the creative potential of their people through crowdsourcing, crowdfunding and other network-based innovation tools. It’s what we call People Powered Innovation. Based in San Francisco, Brightidea has worked with over 300 leading corporate innovators, including world-class brands like Adobe, Bayer, Chevron, General Electric, MasterCard, SAP and many others. For more information about Brightidea, visit www.brightidea.com.