ROSTELECOM LAUNCHES NATIONAL TRIPLE PLAY PROMOTION
Rostelecom's fırst nationwide trıple play promotıon brıngs together the key elements of Rostelecom's most attractıve products wıth ultra-fast ınternet
Moscow, Russia – June 25, 2014 – Rostelecom OJSC (MOEX: RTKM, RTKMP; OTCQX: ROSYY), Russia’s national telecommunications operator, today announces that it has launched a national triple play promotion1. For customers who simultaneously subscribe to the Home Internet, IPTV and Home Telephone packages, the triple play promotion not only boosts loyalty by offering savings on monthly charges, but it also provides subscribers with a number of gifts and bonuses.
Bonuses that customers receive as part of Rostelecom’s triple play offering include a three-month free subscription to Viasat Premium HD channels, free access to the multi-screen service Viaplay, free access to the Karaoke service for three months, access to the Multiroom IPTV service and 100 minutes of free intra-zonal and 100 minutes of free inter-city calls every month.
Rostelecom is the market leader in fixed-line services by the number of telephone subscribers (26.0 million), broadband Internet (10.8 million) and pay-TV (7.6 million). Developing ultra-fast internet is one of Rostelecom’s key priorities. Rostelecom is actively laying fibre optic networks to strengthen its competitive advantage of having Russia’s largest broadband network.
Diana Samoshkina, Managing Director for the Consumer Segment at Rostelecom, commented: “Rostelecom has launched its first nationwide triple play product to reward customers who subscribe to several Rostelecom packages simultaneously. Our triple play offering provides households with everything they need for socialising, obtaining information and for leisure activities. We also provide our triple play customers with a number of options and benefits, including free calls and access to the biggest movie premieres.”
* * *
For more information please visit http://www.rostelecom.ru/en/ir or contact:
“Rostelecom Investor Relations / Rostelecom IR” application is now available to download for free from the Apple App Store and Google Play
Investor Relations Department
Tel. +7 (499) 995 97 80
* * *
Rostelecom (www.rostelecom.ru) is one of the largest national telecommunications operators in Russia and Europe. The Group operates in all segments of the telecommunications market and covers more than 34 million households.
Rostelecom is an undisputable leader of the broadband and pay-TV markets in Russia with over 10.6 million fixed-line broadband subscribers and over 7.5 million pay-TV subscribers.
The Group generated RUB 325.7 billion of consolidated revenues, RUB 113.3 billion of OIBDA (34.8% of revenues) and RUB 24.1 billion of net income for the 12 months ended December 31, 2013.
The Group is a market leader in providing telecommunications services to government bodies and corporates of all levels. It is also an important innovator that provides solutions in the field of medicine, E-Government, cloud computing, education, security and housing & utility services.
Rostelecom was assigned ‘BBB-’ and ‘BB+’ international credit ratings by Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor’s respectively.
* * *
Certain statements in this press release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. federal securities laws and are intended to be covered by the safe harbors created thereby.
Those forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- Management’s assessment of the Company’s future operating and financial results as well as forecasts of the present value of future cash flows and related factors;
- the Company’s anticipated capital expenditures and plans to construct and modernize its network;
- the Company’s expectations as to the growth in demand for its services, plans relating to the expansion of the range of its services and their pricing;
- the Company’s plans with respect to improving its corporate governance practices;
- the Company’s expectations as to its position in the telecommunications market and the development of the market segments within which the Company operates;
- economic outlook and industry trends;
- the Company’s expectations as to the regulation of the Russian telecommunications industry and assessment of impact of regulatory initiatives on the Company’s activity;
- other statements regarding matters that are not historical facts.
Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. These risks, uncertainties and other factors include:
- risks relating to changes in political, economic and social conditions in Russia as well as changes in global economic conditions;
- risks relating to Russian legislation, regulation and taxation, including laws, regulations, decrees and decisions governing the Russian telecommunications industry, securities industry as well as currency and exchange controls relating to Russian entities and their official interpretation by regulatory bodies;
- risks relating to the Company, including the achievement of the anticipated results, levels of profitability and growth, ability to create and meet demand for the Company’s services including their promotions, and the ability of the Company to remain competitive in a liberalized telecommunications market;
- technological risks associated with the functioning and development of the telecommunications infrastructure, technological innovations as well as the convergence of technologies;
- other risks and uncertainties. For a more detailed discussion of these and other factors, see the Company’s Annual Report and the Company’s other public filings.
Many of these factors are beyond the Company’s ability to control or predict. Given these and other uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any of the forward-looking statements contained herein or otherwise. The Company does not undertake any obligation to release publicly any revisions to these forward-looking statements (which are made as of the date hereof) to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events, except as may be required under applicable laws.
1 The triple play promotion will be rolled out across the Russian Federation with the exception of Moscow, Bashkortostan, Tyva, Ingushetia, the Chechen Republic, the Chukotsky and Nenets Autonomous Regions, the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol.