MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today CloudOn, a leader in mobile productivity, is offering its CloudOn Pro service available to Mac/PC users FOR FREE to mark its 2nd anniversary.
Just 2 short years ago, CloudOn formally launched itself as a company after a very successful app release that took it to #1 in 60 countries in the App Store. The free productivity app enables mobile workers to create, edit and share documents from their mobile devices regardless of platform. Given its popularity, CloudOn began offering CloudOn Pro, a more sophisticated editing and sharing tool, available for iOS, Android, and Web for $3.99/month. As a token of appreciation to users, CloudOn is pleased to offer its Pro edition on the Web, at no cost, for 6 months to both new and existing customers.
Since 2012, CloudOn empowers the mobile workforce to create, edit and share Microsoft Office documents while “on the go.” Users have flocked to CloudOn at a staggering rate, underlying the need for easy access, collaboration and editing on mobile devices. Impressive stats include:
- 8.5 million downloads of CloudOn
- 6.5 million registered users
- 75 million documents edited
- 1 BILLION app user actions
- Average 1 million new users every 100 days
“When we launched the CloudOn app 2 years ago, my hope was to allow the mobile workforce to work smarter on mobile devices. Since enriching our sharing and collaboration capabilities, we are seeing new workflows across platforms, devices and storage providers,” said Milind Gadekar, CEO and founder of CloudOn. “We are thrilled with the rate of adoption and are delighted to celebrate with our loyal users.”
Free access to CloudOn Pro on the Web means users will be able to work with the full power of CloudOn, unlocking several advanced editing functions that are used over 400,000 times per month by current Pro subscribers. Such features include:
- Track changes and Spelling & Grammar in Microsoft Word®.
- Insert tables and filter data in Microsoft Excel®.
- Insert SmartArt and Presentation mode in Microsoft PowerPoint®
In addition to these advanced capabilities, users will continue to enjoy full access to the key features of the CloudOn platform across all their devices, including:
- Cross-storage file sharing: Individuals can easily share files even if their team members are using different devices or storage providers.
- Contextual FileSpace: An integrated activity stream that logs every edit, action and message related to a document in real-time. This additional context means team members can easily work on a document together, discussing changes and activity, in a central place.
- Open integration: Access to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and seamless integration with Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Hightail and OneDrive.
CloudOn in the browser: https://www.cloudon.com/app
CloudOn for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/cloudon/id474025452
CloudOn for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloudon.client
To learn more about CloudOn, visit: http://www.cloudon.com
Founded in 2009, CloudOn is a leading mobile productivity platform already trusted by over six million registered users globally. The platform connects people with their applications, files, projects and team and allows them to create, review and share documents from any device. It is optimized for iOS, Android devices, as well as the web, and also offers seamless integration with Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive. For more information visit: www.cloudon.com, or follow us on Twitter @cloudoninc.