CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BDO USA, LLP, one of the nation’s leading professional service organizations, today announced a continuation of its aggressive expansion strategy through the addition of more than 250 staff, including 24 partners, from three different firms. More than 100 staff, including 6 partners, will be joining BDO from Anchorage-based, Mikunda, Cottrell & Co., the largest accounting firm in Alaska. An additional 60 staff, including 6 partners, will be joining BDO from Moquist Thorvilson Kaufmann, LLC (MTK), a leading firm in the Minneapolis market. BDO has also added 12 partners and as many as 97 employees formerly with the banking practice of ParenteBeard, LLC. These new partners and employees, who will be joining BDO's financial institutions practice, will be located in BDO offices in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York and New Jersey. The effective date for these transactions is July 1.
“I want to welcome all of the partners and staff formerly with Mikunda, Cottrell and MTK, as well as the banking professionals formerly with ParenteBeard to BDO. Mikunda, Cottrell allows us to expand our geographic footprint with a market leading presence in a new state and MTK provides an expanded presence with excellent growth potential in the Twin Cities market. Through the addition of the banking professionals, we are adding premier banking resources to BDO's existing financial institutions industry practice in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions ," said Wayne Berson, CEO of BDO USA. “Each of these additions is a natural fit with BDO's entrepreneurial culture. Combined with our additions of last fall in Philadelphia and Virginia, this is powerful evidence that our aggressive growth strategy is gaining traction.”
The following are brief summaries of the new practices:
- Mikunda, Cottrell & Company. Founded in 1977, Mikunda, Cottrell is the largest firm in Alaska and is viewed as one of the leading firms serving state and local governments, nonprofits, government contractors, employee benefit plans, healthcare and Alaska native for-profit corporations. In addition to these industry practices, this new presence in Alaska will generate opportunities for BDO to further leverage its existing strong energy practice.
“In joining BDO USA, we feel we’ve found a national firm with a very compatible practice philosophy and culture to our own,” said James Hasle, Partner and former President of Mikunda, Cottrell. “We are a very successful firm and combining with BDO will allow us to amplify what we’ve built. Our clients will have access to a wider array of services, extensive industry experience and the resources of BDO’s extensive global network.”
- Moquist Thorvilson Kaufmann, LLC (MTK). Founded in 1990, MTK is one of the leading firms serving family-owned and closely-held businesses, in addition to several publicly traded companies. MTK has a strong client base in the manufacturing and software technology industries, as well as a significant employee benefit practice. Based in Edina, the firm has been a member of the BDO Seidman Alliance since 1996.
“We have always enjoyed working with BDO partners and staff since we joined the BDO Seidman Alliance fifteen years ago. This history of collaboration on client work and business development will be extremely valuable as we integrate our practice into BDO,” said Kevin Moquist, Partner and former Managing Partner of MTK. “By combining with BDO we will build on our strong relationships in the Twin Cities market and bring clients an increased breadth of services, broad industry knowledge, and the full reach of BDO's global resources.”
- Banking Professionals. The new professionals, joining BDO's financial institutions practice, will be based in BDO offices in Philadelphia, New York, Long Island, Wilmington, Del. and Woodbridge, N.J. The firm will also open new offices in Harrisburg and Reading, Pa., where approximately 50 staff will be based. These additions along the Northeast corridor follow the additions last fall of Asher & Company in Philadelphia and Argy, Wiltse & Robinson in Virginia.
- BDO USA has been serving clients for more than 100 years since its founding in 1910 (as Seidman & Seidman).
- BDO represents companies ranging from closely-held private businesses to leading non-profits to Fortune 500 multinationals.
- BDO USA has industry practices specialized in serving businesses in the construction, energy, financial institutions, government contracting, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, nonprofit, private equity, real estate, retail and technology sectors.
- BDO has been named a Best Company by Work Mother Magazine for two consecutive years and been recognized with the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility for four consecutive years.
- As of July 1, BDO will have 49 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations around the country.
- As an independent member of BDO International Limited (the fifth largest global network of accounting firms), the firm can leverage the resources of more than 1,200 member firm offices in 138 countries around the world.
About BDO USA
BDO is the brand name for BDO USA, LLP, a U.S. professional services firm providing assurance, tax, financial advisory and consulting services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies. For more than 100 years, BDO has provided quality service through the active involvement of experienced and committed professionals. The firm serves clients through 49 offices and more than 400 independent alliance firm locations nationwide. As an independent Member Firm of BDO International Limited, BDO serves multi-national clients through a global network of 1,204 offices in 138 countries.
BDO USA, LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership, is the U.S. member of BDO International Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, and forms part of the international BDO network of independent member firms. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms. For more information please visit: www.bdo.com.