TUCSON, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp. (“Liberty Star” or the “Company”) (LBSR: OTCQB) is pleased to announce that Geotech Ltd. will be mobilizing its Caravan aircraft with the ZTEM package installed on Saturday, June 1, from its air operations base near Toronto, Canada, assuming permissible weather conditions. They should arrive at Libby Airfield, Sierra Vista, Cochise County, Arizona, near the Hay Mountain Project June 2nd/3rd with final preparations for ZTEM flying complete by the end of the week.
ZTEM overflight of the Company’s Hay Mountain claim block should start about June 7th and take approximately two weeks. All flight schedules are dependent on permissible weather, and other operating conditions.
Liberty Star previously announced the overflight would be scheduled July 5th or earlier if possible (NR 152). The flight stage of the program should take about one to two weeks depending on conditions. Data compilation and analysis will follow. Liberty Star will receive 2D and 3D modeling images within approximately a month.
States Company CEO and Chief Geologist Jim Briscoe: "Once again Geotech has proven to be an outstanding partner as we seek to move forward on a key project. The early June date has several logistical advantages, chiefly favorable weather conditions, and I am pleased we can get started so soon. Once we look at the data, drill targets can be placed with greater precision. While permitting and funding will determine how fast we can mobilize, I do expect to get drills in the ground at Hay Mountain within a few months.”
“James A. Briscoe” James
A. Briscoe, Professional Geologist, AZ CA
Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.
Statements in this news release that are not historical are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements in this news release include our exploration plans, that ZTEM will be flown over the Hay Mountain anomaly area; that ZTEM will be flown in June; that with ZTEM information, drill targets can be placed with greater precision; that the company will have drills in the ground at Hay Mountain within a few months. Factors which may delay or prevent these forward-looking statements from being realized include: we may not be able to raise sufficient funds to complete our intended exploration, keep our properties or carry on operations; there may be cost overruns; misinterpretation of data is possible; and we may be unable to continue exploration due to permitting requirements, weather, logistical problems, labor or equipment problems or hazards even if funds are available. Despite encouraging data there may be no commercially exploitable mineralization on our properties. Readers should refer to the risk disclosures in the Company’s recent 10-K and the Company’s other periodic reports filed from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.