NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Corporate Board Member, an NYSE Euronext Company, will host an intensive, one-day Risk Oversight in the Boardroom event on April 9 at the New York Stock Exchange. Developed specifically for executives and board members of publicly traded companies, the event will challenge attendees to think more strategically about the opportunities and risks in today’s complex, global environment.
Featured Speakers Include:
- Clarke Camper, SVP & Head of Government Affairs and Public Advocacy, NYSE Euronext
- David Chavern, Chief Operating Officer, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- John Cody, Director, Gannett Co. Inc.
- Thomas Conforti, EVP & Chief Financial Officer, Wyndham Worldwide Corp.
- Adam Epstein, Director, OCZ Technology Group; Author, The Perfect Corporate Board: A Handbook for Mastering the Unique Challenges of Small-Cap Companies
- Stasia Kelly, Director, Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc. and Owens-Illinois Inc.
- Sara Grootwassink Lewis, Director, CapitalSource and PS Business Parks
- Michael Passarella, Director, Unum Group
- Leslie Rahl, Director, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Michael Shmerling, Director, Renasant Corp. and HealthStream Inc.
“In our annual Law and the Boardroom Study with FTI Consulting last year, concerns over operational risk garnered the second highest percentage of responses from both directors and general counsel,” said TK Kerstetter, chairman of Corporate Board Member. “This event will empower boards and their management teams to better evaluate emerging risk exposures to make the right strategic choices.”
Through a mix of expert panel presentations, audience Q&As, in-depth breakouts, and off-the-record peer group discussions, the event will take a deep-dive into critical issues such as characteristics of an effective risk oversight process, data security implications in today’s digital environment, aligning your compliance programs to mitigate risks, the board’s and CFO’s respective roles in risk, and the post-election political and regulatory landscape. Taking place at the historic and iconic NYSE building, attendees will have the opportunity to take a tour of the NYSE Trading Floor at the conclusion of the event.
Sponsors of the event include Deloitte, Grant Thornton, PwC, Littler Mendelson, and Corpedia, an NYSE Euronext Company. To learn more about the Risk Oversight in the Boardroom event and to view the complete event agenda, visit https://www.boardmember.com/2013riskoversight.aspx.
About Corporate Board Member
Corporate Board Member, an NYSE Euronext company, is the leading information resource for senior officers and directors of publicly traded corporations, large private companies and Global 1000 firms. The quarterly publication, Corporate Board Member magazine, provides readers with decision-making tools to deal with the strategic and corporate governance challenges confronting their boards. Corporate Board Member further extends its governance leadership through an online resource center, conferences, roundtables and timely research. The magazine maintains the most comprehensive, up-to-date database of directors and officers serving on boards of publicly traded companies listed with NYSE Euronext and The NASDAQ OMX Group Inc. stock exchanges. www.boardmember.com