DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ck7825/china_consumer) has announced the addition of the "China Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2013" report to their offering.
BMI expects the China consumer electronics market will grow by around 9% in 2013. We forecast headline consumer spending to grow at 8.0% in 2012 and 2013, which marks a downward revision from our previous forecast of 8.4% for both years. The government's rural consumer electronics subsidy programme should continue to drive flat-screen TV sets and other products and electronic vendors and retailers are expanding and adjusting strategies to take advantage of this opportunity.
Key Trends & Developments
- By the end of BMI's five-year forecast period, the rural PC and notebook market could account for as much as 35-40% of total China computer sales. The subsidy programme will continue to boost demand from the vast, under-penetrated rural areas. The lower-tier city and towns are expected to be the fastest growing segment of the PC market in 2013, although this has placed pressure on prices.
- After two years of robust growth in the TV market, vendors will also look to third- and fourthtier cities and rural areas to sustain demand for TV sets, after signs of slower sales in major cities. . About 58% of LCD TVs are now sold through retail channels, with sales strongest during holiday peak shopping periods. Despite a tranche of product innovations, average prices declined in 2012, meaning that revenues growth failed to keep pace with shipments.
- The tastes of Chinese consumers with regards to handsets also appears to be growing more sophisticated, with China now a key engine driving the global smartphone market. China Mobile forecasts sales of smartphones could reach 100mn units by 2013, while BMI projects that sales could pass 500m units by 2017. Vendors such as Samsung expect that China will be among their most important markets for smartphones.
Key Topics Covered
- Executive Summary
- SWOT Analysis
- Asia Pacific Risk/Reward Ratings
- Market Overview
- Industry Forecast Scenario
- Competitive Landscape
- BMI Methodology
- Domestic Company Profiles
- Semiconductor International Manufacturing Corp Public: HKEX, NYSE
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ck7825/china_consumer