FORT COLLINS, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IXYS Corporation (NASDAQ:IXYS), a leader in power semiconductors, mixed signal and digital ICs for power conversion and motion control applications, announced today the introduction of the PCX-7420 Precision Laser Diode Driver by its IXYS Colorado division. This system level product provides precision pulsed power with accurate MCU based digital power control.
The PCX-7420 is an air-cooled, high power CW/QCW current sourced designed to drive diode lasers, bars and arrays up to 21.5 Amps at 24 Volts. Designed from the ground up to provide a laser diode driver/current source that is dependable and easy to operate, the PCX-7420 represents the next step in driving laser diodes and other current source applications for research, laboratory, scientific and industrial applications.
By utilizing one of several communication choices all standard with the PCX-7420, customers can easily develop automated testing and characterization configurations which can be stored in the instrument’s on-board memory.
- 1A – 21.5A Output Current – High current capability with 1-5.8A bias and an additional 15.7A of laser pulse power.
- Fast Rise and Fall Times – less than 25nS for high speed applications.
- Forward Voltages up to 24V – Combining higher current and a 24V capability the PCX-7420 provides flexibility to test both single diodes and arrays.
- Output Bias (Simmer) Current
- Diode and Driver Safety – Safety features include over current limit, open load detection and diode steering (prevents reverse current).
- Ease of Operation – Intuitive touch screen interface.
- Communicate – Ethernet, USB & RS232 all standard.
- CE and RoHS compliant – The PCX-7420 is compliant with both the CE and RoHS standards.
“We took what customers liked about the popular PCX-7410 and we brought improved biasing technology, newer communications options, increased current capability and a new user friendly interface and combined them to achieve the performance and ease of use that you will find in the PCX-7420,” said Stephen Krausse, General Manager of DEI. “These products take advantage of the power integration knowledge in IXYS to provide unique power systems solutions to our customers.”
Applications for driving laser diodes are in:
- Atmospheric Science
- High power pulsed experimentation/lab use
- Testing and characterization of laser diodes, LED’s, and diode/array
- Testing of power semiconductors.
The PCX-7420 is available directly from IXYS Colorado (Directed Energy) Tel. (970) 493-1901, Fax (970) 232-3025, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ixyscolorado.com or through your local authorized IXYS/IXYSRF sales representative.
IXYS Corporation develops and markets primarily high performance power semiconductor devices that are used in controlling and converting electrical power efficiently in power systems for the telecommunication internet infrastructure, motor drives, medical systems, solar energy, wind energy, electrical generators and transportation. IXYS also serves its markets with a combination of digital and analog integrated circuits, RF power products and power subsystems including application-specific, embedded system-on-chip (SoC) solutions for the industrial and consumer markets.
Safe Harbor Statement
Any statements contained in this press release that are not statements of historical fact, including the performance, rating, availability, reliability, operation and suitability of products for various applications, may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. There are a number of important factors that could cause the results of IXYS to differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements, including, among others, risks detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended December 31, 2011. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly release the results of any revisions to these forward-looking statements.