CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--4G World (meeting room N-127) – Powerwave Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:PWAV), a global supplier of advanced solutions for wireless communications networks, will demonstrate its Inside Out Solutions™ at 4G World, October 24-27, at McCormick Place in Chicago, IL. Bringing mobile broadband coverage and capacity closer to where users need it most, both indoors and outside, Powerwave will showcase its LTE Picocell, 4G MIMO Active Array Antenna, 65 MHz Remote Radio Head and Internet Commanded Combiner (iCC) at meeting room N-127.
A Best of 4G Awards finalist, Powerwave’s LTE Picocell combines LTE and Wi-Fi in a single compact base station that supports all 4G frequency bands and features a 2x2 MIMO antenna for additional capacity. Powerwave’s Picocell helps wireless carriers build more flexible networks and extend coverage and capacity where there is networking congestion, without the cost and complexity of adding standard macro cells to address high data usage or weak signals.
“Powerwave’s small cell technology can dramatically improve data throughput, while offering greater flexibility and serving as an easier deployment alternative for today’s rapidly evolving ecosystem,” said Khurram Sheikh, CTO of Powerwave. “When combined with our comprehensive portfolio of 4G solutions, Powerwave enables operators to quickly and cost-effectively deploy new LTE and WiMAX wireless networks, while leveraging their existing wireless network infrastructure. The Picocell empowers operators to place their network infrastructure closer to users, resulting in higher modulations, faster user speeds and greater overall network capacity.”
As the industry moves from 2G and 3G, to a 4G network, Powerwave’s products are designed to improve broadband access, accelerate service rollouts and reduce capital and operating expenses. Its end-to-end wireless offerings include:
Out Solutions – deliver pinpoint mobile broadband coverage and
capacity indoors and outside for better signal quality and reduced
- LTE Picocell – this compact LTE and Wi-Fi base station delivers up to 15 times greater overall system capacity, ideal for areas with high-data usage or weak network signals. The all-in-one design includes antenna, filters, RF, baseband and control, and delivers up to 100 Mbps/Km² to 100 users.
- 4G MIMO Active Array Antenna – this multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) antenna combines remote radio head, software-defined radio, tunable filtering and antenna technologies into a compact, integrated design for 3G or 4G LTE technologies. The antenna increases mobile broadband coverage up to 100 percent and reduces power consumption by 40 percent, lowering operational costs for network providers.
- 65MHz Remote Radio Head – this software-defined remote radio head (RRH) architecture is used in LTE and WiMAX distributed base station environments, delivering broadcast bandwidth RRH, high efficiency and reliability, as well as flexibility for carriers deploying LTE and WiMAX networks during the transition from 2G / 3G to 4G.
- Internet Commanded Combiner (iCC) – this first filter combiner enables deployment of LTE services alongside 3G networks in just days, and includes a tunable filter for efficient spectrum and bandwidth management. In addition, iCC features remote configuration and electronic tuning via the Internet, offering greater flexibility to adapt in real time to changing conditions than conventional filters that are fixed-tuned or require manual tuning.
- Penta Band Antenna family – this triple band antenna family supports all actual and upcoming mobile communication networks and is based on Powerwave’s multiband technology. Available in three versions, the suite was the first tri-band antenna model to support both digital dividend and LTE in one array.
At the event, Khurram Shiekh, CTO of Powerwave will join a panel of industry-leading operators and vendors who will explore and discuss the role of femtocells in 3G networks, including current residential, enterprise and metro deployments. The role of femtocells in 4G networks—i.e., using femtocells for data offload and integrating femtocells with Wi-Fi, metro and macro networks—will also be discussed.
Role of Femtocells in Heterogeneous Networks
Tuesday, October 25 at 4:40pm CT
Speakers: Khurram Sheikh, Powerwave Technologies, Prabhakar Chitrapu, Femto Forum, Rob Riordan, Nsight, Stephen Rayment, BelAir Networks, Tom Gruba, Alcatel-Lucent, Udayan Mukherjee, Intel.
To meet with Powerwave at 4G World, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit meeting room N-127.
About Powerwave Technologies
A global leader in advanced wireless solutions, Powerwave Technologies, Inc. offers cutting edge wireless infrastructure to address the demands of enterprise and commercial customers. Powerwave offers a comprehensive suite of solutions, including Antennas, Base Station Solutions and Coverage Solutions. Powerwave’s product line supports all wireless network protocols and frequencies including Next Generation Networks in 4G technology such as WiMAX™ and LTE®. Powerwave solutions, products and services also help wireless operators and OEMs reduce capital and operating expenses, speed rollout of services, improve coverage and capacity, and reduce environmental impact. For more information, visit us at www.powerwave.com. Powerwave, Powerwave Technologies and the Powerwave logo are registered trademarks of Powerwave Technologies, Inc. Inside Out Solutions is a trademark of Powerwave Technologies, Inc. LTE is a registered trademark of the European Telecommunications Standards Institute. Other trademarks referenced are the property of their respective owners.