HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. (SSR), a leading engineering design and facility consulting firm, is hosting a Mobile Healthcare Technology Summit on May 5 in Houston. The event will be held at the University of Houston Alumni Center where a panel of industry experts will explore topics surrounding mobile healthcare technology in the acute care setting.
“Our Houston summit continues the discussion about rapidly advancing mobile device technology in healthcare that we started at the Nashville summit last fall,” said Scott Johnson, vice president, communications planning for Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. “This time, we are including the ever important patient viewpoint when our group of respected industry leaders and clinicians gather to discuss the issues and opportunities from differing perspectives.”
Panel experts for the summit include:
- Joyce Sensmeier, vice president of informatics for the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS);
- Pamela Redden, director of clinical facilities development and clinical operations at the University of Texas;
- Michael Zachary, director of enterprise architecture for Cook Children’s Healthcare System in Fort Worth, Texas;
- Dr. Christopher Robben, a physician affiliated with Methodist Hospital, part of the Texas Medical Center in Houston;
- Melita Howell, application architect for Clinical Information Systems;
- Dr. Yadin David, a member of the FDA advisory panel employed by Biomedical Engineering Consultants; and
- Robert Sokol, the CFO of INEOS Oligomers, part of Ineos Group Ltd., who will offer feedback from the patient perspective. Bob is a cancer survivor and actively networks with several cancer support groups.
The Summit is from 9:30 a.m. to noon, with a vendor fair following to allow attendees to see and ask questions about some of the new technology. Vendors include: Ascom, Nuance, Premier Wireless, Meru, Cisco, BoxTone, Futura Healthcare Technology, Voalte, InnerWireless, Halco and Amcom.
For the full agenda and more information, visit the Summit’s website at http://www.ssr-inc.com/summit.php.
About Smith Seckman Reid, Inc.
SSR is an employee-owned engineering design and facility consulting firm with 40-plus years of experience with facilities nationwide, including healthcare, education, science and technology, research, sports and entertainment, corrections, infrastructure, commercial and industrial clients. For more information about SSR, visit www.ssr-inc.com.