WALTHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In a move to reduce the resources, cost and time companies spend managing locked down desktops, Viewfinity (www.viewfinity.com) today announced the release of version 3.5 of its privilege management solution for laptops, desktops and servers.
View an online demonstration of Viewfinity Privilege Management here:
“Removing administrative privileges at the desktop level, a best practice that is rapidly being adopted, especially in conjunction with Windows 7 desktop refresh initiatives, is an effective way to control and protect your systems,” said Gil Rapaport, co-founder and president of Viewfinity. “Further validating this point, Viewfinity conducted a survey that revealed a 456% jump in demand to implement privilege management software for companies planning to migrate to Windows 7 in 2011. With this in mind, we designed Viewfinity Privilege Management Version 3.5 to resolve many of the security and compliance challenges related to managing least privilege environments.”
Viewfinity Privilege Management Version 3.5 meets multiple business needs of a Least Privileges environment through a variety of “must have” capabilities including:
Enhanced security and reduced vulnerability
- Granular and flexible management of locked down environments
- Elevation of both time-based and permanent privileges for workstations and users
Control of mobile and remote machines
- Integrates with, but not dependent on, Active Directory
- Manages mobile and remote machines located outside of the corporate network
Validate compliance / audit User and IT activities
- Collects auditable data and application usage on both end users and privileged users
- Alerts to the removal of security protection and other applications
- Monitors installations of non-compliant applications
- Records screen capture video of user activity and IT administrator’s actions and activity (optional)
- Assessment tool provides detailed information related to which users and groups have administrator rights
Automatic policy authorization
- Zero Touch policy approval and activation
- Authorizes privilege elevation requests on-the-fly, no logoff/logon cycle required
- Prevents the use of applications that create security risks
SCCM integration of policy compliance reports
- Reports privilege management policy usage status in SCCM
- Lists privilege access requests from end users in SCCM
- Integrates with Viewfinity’s server-less offering delivered as an AD/GPO enhancement
Viewfinity Privilege Management can be implemented as an extension to Group Policy, through our SaaS/Cloud platform or via on-premise servers as part of a private cloud. Viewfinity Privilege Management is successfully being used in large enterprises to manage hundreds of thousands of distributed desktops, laptops and servers.
“Viewfinity was the only product that did exactly what I wanted, I had problems getting the other two products that I evaluated to do what I needed,” said Luke Saintignan, System Administrator for Kilgore College. “The fact that Viewfinity works in tandem with Active Directory but not directly reliant on it, was huge to me. If Active Directory goes down, I still have least privilege and policies that actively manage my machines.”
For more information about Viewfinity Privilege Management please visit www.viewfinity.com.
Viewfinity provides privilege management and application control for desktops, laptops and servers. We empower enterprises to meet compliance mandates, reduce security risks, and lower IT costs. Viewfinity introduces granularity to desktop permissions and privilege access management by offering solutions to manage and control least management rights based upon segregation of responsibilities.
Viewfinity provides IT security and operations with identity access and intelligence via compliance validation reporting and auditing. Viewfinity solves IT’s greatest headache—management of mobile workers—through its web-hosted model by providing absolute network independence, eliminating reliance on corporate network connectivity or VPN. For more information, visit www.viewfinity.com.