IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS) is an ISO 9001:2008 certified supplier and manufacturer of a 10.4” rugged portable tablet PC for field service management (FSM), sales force automation (SFA) and customer relationship management (CRM) applications. The portable terminal features 3.5 G WWAN, WiFi, and Bluetooth technology, expanding reach and keeping sales personnel and field technicians connected, enhancing productivity and efficiency in the field. AIS’ rugged outdoor terminal can provide real-time information, updating, and communication with centralized management systems.
Powering the rugged tablet is the low power consumption, fanless Intel® Atom 1.6GHz Z530 Processor, allowing the system to operate up to 6 hours by battery in the field. Everything is packaged within a compact lightweight rugged chassis weighing in at 2.6lbs and featuring IP54 rated water/dustproof resistance, multiple 3-foot drop rated, and enhanced shock and vibration protection. Compared to consumer tablets the enhanced ruggedization and outdoor viewing capability give the unit a huge advantage in on the field real life usage. Mobile reporting, logging, and POS ordering can be performed in a variety of environments including rain, dust, and in vehicle use. The unit is completely sealed, including the I/O connections to an IP54 dust/waterproof rating, in addition to a rugged housing with rubber bumpers for enhanced shock and vibration resistant operation. Optional standard and glass-film-glass (GFG) resistive touchscreens are also available for excellent durability during heavy commercial usage which would wear out standard touch screens.
A complete line of optional accessories are custom designed to attach seamlessly onto the rugged tablet PC, enhancing the versatility for the outdoor tablet to many application. GPS, 3G cellular wireless, MSR (magnetic swipe reader) credit card reader, barcode scanner, shock absorbing rubber bumpers, upright stand, 2nd battery, and charging cradle are all currently available. Mixing and matching optional modules such as the GPS module, extended battery, and 3G wireless can turn the Semi-Rugged Tablet PC into a mobile data collection terminal, excellent for construction, utilities, agriculture, and field service.
The custom engineered hot-swappable 2nd battery allows 24/7 continuous operation without any downtime, allowing on the field battery swapping without any interruption. Windows XP Embedded Professional and XP Embedded operating systems are both supported. The AIS 3G and GPS enabled Semi-Rugged Tablet PC provides a mobile automation, mobile communication, and mobile terminal to industrial, commercial, and retail environments where reliability, quality, flexibility, and service are paramount.
Features and Benefits of the AIS 10.4" Rugged Tablet Computer:
- Mobile Field Service Management (FSM): To help field technicians for interaction with customer support, scheduling and dispatch, service order and contracts management and service parts management
- Mobile CRM/Sales Force Automation (SFA): To help sales personnel to integrate key customer details, customer requests, order queries, and real-time with the requisite information while handling customers at various locations
- Efficient Low-power 1.6GHz Intel® Atom Z530 Processor
- 10.4" TFT display is a compact platform designed for small-sized mobile operator interface applications
- Low-Reflectance Resistive Touch screen for sunlight readability
- Multiple 3-foot drop rated; IP54 Rated Water/Dustproof; Vibration-resistant
- Versatile mobile communication functions optional including WWAN (GPRS/GSM/CDMA/UMTS/EDGE) and GPS module
- Embedded lifecycle support protects system investment by enabling extended product availability for industrial embedded customers
- Available OS: Windows XP Professional Embedded / Windows XP Embedded
- CE and FCC certified, and RoHS compliant
About American Industrial Systems, Inc.
AIS is an ISO 9001:2008 certified leading global designer and manufacturer of specialty industrial panel PC, industrial display, digital signage, and rugged tablet PC solutions for customers in the industrial automation, military & aerospace, medical, transportation and power & energy markets. AIS specializes in designing and manufacturing cost-effective LCD and embedded computing products for the industrial market, as well as ODM/OEM applications worldwide. For additional information on AIS products and services, please call AIS toll-free at (888) 485-6688 or visit: www.aispro.com.