DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global and China Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) Industry Report, 2017-2021" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering.
Global UHMWPE resin capacity and demand were 221kt and 200kt in 2016, respectively. As manufacturing has increasingly higher requirements on material properties, UHMWPE resin enjoys broad market prospects because of its excellent properties, finding output and demand as estimated 380kt and 367kt in 2021 separately.
UHMWPE fiber, a fiber spun out of UHMWPE, is a key strategic and high-tech material and one of three high-performance fibers, and has been in a state of short supply. Global demand for UHMWPE fiber was about 60kt in 2016, compared with an output of only 30kt or so. As more military and civilian products (like high-strength light cables) are developed, the demand for UHMWPE fiber is expected to maintain a growth rate of around 15% over the next five years, reaching 108.7kt in 2021 but still in short supply.
Meanwhile, the demand far exceeds the supply in the Chinese market. About 20kt of UHMWPE fiber was needed in the country in 2016, while the output was roughly 9kt. Restricted by lack of production technologies for spinning-grade specialty resins and weaker spinning technology and outdated production facilities than that in the developed countries, local Chinese enterprises produce mainly mid and low-end products, while high-end ones are monopolized by foreign players with core technologies including Dutch DSM, U.S. Honeywell and Japanese Mitsui Chemicals. DSM produces the most in the world.
Key Topics Covered:
2. UHMWPE Resin Market
3. UHMWPE Fiber Market
4. Other UHMWPE Products Market
5. UHMWPE Resin Companies
6. UHMWPE Fiber Companies
- Anhui Tejiajin Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Asahi Kasei
- Beijing Tongyizhong Specialty Fiber Technology & Development Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Winyarn High Performance Fiber Co., Ltd.
- Henan Wosen Ultra-high Chemical Industry Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
- Jian Qiao Technology Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Bicon Pharmaceutical Listed Company
- Jiangsu Zhongyi Special Fiber Co., Ltd.
- Jiujiang Zhongke Xinxing New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Mitsui Chemicals
- Ningbo Dacheng New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Shandong ICD High Performance Fibre Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Lianle Chemical Industry Science and Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Research Institute of Chemical Industry
- Shanghai SURREY Technology Co., Ltd.
- Sinopec Qilu Petrochemical Company
- Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi Fukun Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Qianxilong Special Fiber Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cz8mpp/global_and_china