REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Box, Inc. (NYSE:BOX), a leader in cloud content management, today announced that it has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Collaborations Platforms. Gartner Magic Quadrants evaluate vendors within a particular market segment based on their completeness of vision and their ability to execute on that vision. Box was evaluated among 14 vendors in the market and was positioned the furthest for completeness of vision.
“The shift to the cloud and mobile is fundamentally changing how people and organizations work, and businesses increasingly recognize the need to adopt modern platforms for driving collaboration and content management," said Aaron Levie, co-founder and CEO of Box. “As the pioneer in cloud content management, Box is uniquely positioned to address this demand and solve customer challenges. We focus on content and its use for improving collaboration, speeding up business processes and delivering custom digital experiences.”
Today Box powers cloud content management for more than 74,000 businesses around the world, including 64 percent of the Fortune 500, helping people collaborate securely on their most important content. We believe as a result, Box is a consistent leader across the industry analyst community. In addition to being named a leader in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Collaborations Platforms (formerly Enterprise File Sync and Share) for the fourth consecutive year, Box has also been named a leader in a variety of respected analyst reports, including:
- The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Content Management — Business Content Services, Q2 2017
- Forrester Wave Enterprise File Sync & Share Cloud Solutions Q1 2016
- Aragon Research Globe for Mobile Content Management 2016
- Nucleus Research ECM Value Matrix 2016
- Ovum Decision Matrix: Enterprise File Sync and Share 2017
“Content is essential to nearly every business process, whether it's closing new sales and sharing critical information with colleagues or engaging with customers and partners,” said Jeetu Patel, senior vice president and Chief Strategy Officer for Box. “Box is the only platform that ties together both front office content creation and collaboration with back office capabilities and workflows -- all supported by an ecosystem of nearly 2,000 partners to meet the needs of businesses of any size."
First half of FY2018 highlights include:
- Deepened partnership with Microsoft, announcing that Box and Microsoft will jointly offer Box’s cloud content management using Azure services and will work together to deliver solutions that help customers drive digital transformation.
- Strengthened our position globally with the announcement of a new COO, Stephanie Carullo and new German leader, Per Stritich.
- Launched Box Drive, the only unlimited cloud drive built for the enterprise, to power seamless collaboration streamed directly from the desktop to further simplify businesses’ shift to the cloud.
- Launched the new Box Notes web and desktop apps, driving real-time collaboration across teams with the security, governance and compliance required by large enterprises.
- Introduced Box Elements to make it easier than ever before for businesses to bring the power of Box to any application build with Box Platform.
- Added Australia and Canada to Box's robust data residency offering, Box Zones. Customers are now able to store data locally in seven countries across North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
To hear how innovative companies across industries are using technology to transform their business, join us at BoxWorks 2017, October 10-12 at Moscone Center in San Francisco www.box.com/boxworks/.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Box Inc.
Box (NYSE:BOX) is the cloud content management company that empowers enterprises to revolutionize how they work by securely connecting their people, information and applications. Founded in 2005, Box powers more than 74,000 businesses globally, including AstraZeneca, General Electric, P&G, and The GAP. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit http://www.box.com/.