NAPLES, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ASG Technologies today announced Enterprise Data Intelligence 9.0. The solution's new functionality solves a growing business challenge as organizations are increasingly tasked with allowing business users to access, prepare and analyze their own data. By delivering secure self-service, Enterprise Data Intelligence empowers business users to find and use data to inform decisions, while ensuring the organization retains visibility, control and compliance.
"Enterprises are increasingly faced with regulations that require them to understand and manage their data no matter where it lives or who interacts with it across the organization," said Swamy Viswanathan, EVP and Chief Product Officer, ASG Technologies. "Enterprise Data Intelligence 9.0 adds value to the business by allowing users to make better and faster data-driven decisions. It also removes risk by enabling compliance and improving the understanding of private information. We see this release as mission critical for enterprises that need to control data while empowering business users with instant visibility into all the facts of the information they are interacting with."
Benefits of Using ASG Enterprise Data Intelligence 9.0 Include:
Timely GDPR Compliance: Automatic Personal Data Marking
provides fast and reliable identification of data. With this feature,
personal data is identified throughout the entire data lineage
providing organizations with discovery capabilities, oversight and
visibility to that information wherever it exists.
- Cascading function automates the identification and visual representation of personal data in the data lineage to ensure compliance throughout workflows
- GDPR dashboards, reports and governance processes help enterprises facilitate management of privacy compliance
- Manual and automatic tagging enable fast and easy curation of personal data
Updated Regulatory Compliance: Growing need for proper data
management with increased regulatory requirements in the highly
regulated financial and healthcare industries, particularly around
attaining BCBS239, CCAR, IDMP and CGMP compliance.
- BCBS 2399 and CCAR both require an ability to demonstrate a detailed understanding of data derivation. ASG’s “Zero-Gap” lineage provides the necessary visualization of data movement and transformation to prove data traceability
- IDMP requires data to be collected and harmonized across multiple systems. The ASG Data Intelligence Data Inventory supports identification of data relevant to any product as changes are made
- FDA guidance on current goods manufacturing practice (CGMP) for drugs requires data to be kept throughout its retention period with associated metadata required to reconstruct the CGMP activity. The Data Intelligence repository keeps the required metadata, and a record of changes, to support this essential requirement
Business User Empowerment: Ability to "like" valuable
information lets users bring their unique knowledge to exploit the
best data and make the most informed decisions across the business.
- Self-service subscription capability lets users request notifications of actions or changes to data that will notify them if governance activities affect the sources they're interested in
- Data Quality Metrics allows inaccurate data to be identified before it is used to make business decisions
Support for the Complete Data Estate with "Find My Data": Visibility
into the most useful data in traditional and legacy data stores,
relational databases, and the data lake provides for an
enterprise-wide view of information. It also allows for more
streamlined governance while enabling enterprises to discover and
leverage the most valuable data across their entire business.
- Intelligent Data Catalogue (IDC) enables fast, comprehensive full-text and faceted search across data stores
- Ability for users to comment, reply to others' comments and tag data directly as belonging to a common area of interest helps others quickly get on the path of finding the most valuable, relevant information
ASG’s open, API-first approach enables a flexible ecosystem and expands on partner capabilities to deliver more value to business users.
“The combination of ASG’s Data Lineage and Syncsort’s market-leading Trillium Software System presents data quality information in context, enabling users to pinpoint where data is not within policy,” said David Hodgson, Chief Product Officer, Syncsort. “Leveraging these capabilities, users can quickly locate and fix problems to improve critical data so they can make better business decisions and meet compliance and regulatory obligations as part of their governance programs.”
ASG's Data Intelligence 9.0 allows enterprises to modernize and leverage data that enables business users to make smart, informed decisions without risking compliance or control. The product is now available at www.asg.com/intelligence.
Available Resources on Data Intelligence 9.0
- Case Study: Explore one CDO’s Story of Creating a Data Centric Organization http://lp.asg.com/Data-Intelligence-AFA-Case-Study.html
- “Comply with Confidence. Prepare for GDPR” http://lp.asg.com/Data-Intelligence-GDPR-Brochure.html
ASG will be hosting its inaugural customer event on September 18-20 in Washington D.C. Learn more about EVOLVE here.
About ASG Technologies
ASG Technologies Group, Inc. brings peace of mind to every enterprise with information access, management and control for our customers. These solutions empower businesses to enhance workforce productivity, gain an accurate and timely understanding of the information that underpins business decisions and address compliance needs with improved visibility of cross-platform data from legacy to leading edge environments. Global Fortune 500 companies trust ASG Technologies to optimize their IT investments. ASG Technologies is a global provider of technology solutions with more than 1,000 people supporting more than 4,000 midmarket and enterprise customers around the world. For more information, visit www.asg.com.