HONG KONG & WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hong Kong Corporate Counsel Association Limited, the pioneer association representing over 800 in-house lawyers in Hong Kong, and the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC), a global legal association with more than 42,000 in-house counsel members, today announced an alliance, with HKCCA to be rebranded as ACC Hong Kong.
On 1 September 2017, HKCCA members will become members of ACC Hong Kong, benefitting from the global resources and connectivity of the ACC global network across six continents.
“Under this alliance, our members will benefit from the strongest global network for in-house counsel,” said Lin Shi, HKCCA President. “Our alliance will yield more connections, resources, and professional development opportunities for in-house lawyers in Hong Kong.”
The alliance will deliver enhanced value to ACC Hong Kong members through access to the extensive ACC resource library containing regional and global-focused content developed specifically for in-house lawyers. Members will also have the ability to participate in live virtual programming and have access to ACC education programs across the globe, including the ACC Australia National Conference and ACC Annual Meeting. ACC Hong Kong members will have the choice of two levels of membership, which includes a premium level with access to additional resources and benefits.
“The Hong Kong based in-house counsel joining the ACC network will enrich our association and provide an important perspective on doing business in Hong Kong and the broader Asia Pacific region,” said Veta T. Richardson, ACC President and CEO. “The alliance strengthens ACC’s ability to enhance our member engagement in Hong Kong, one of the world’s most important business hubs.”
ACC Hong Kong will be managed by the ACC Hong Kong Executive Committee comprising of:
- Lin Shi, Joint Head, IPO Vetting, Listing Department of Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited
- Sharyn Ch'ang, Global Counsel, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Gordon Chan, Vice President – Legal, Asia Pacific of Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- Grace Chan, Senior Counsel, Asia-Pacific of ARRIS Hong Kong Limited, part of the ARRIS International Plc (NASDAQ: ARRS) Group
- Beverly Chau, Asia Pacific Legal Counsel, L’Oréal
- Sun Kim, Head of Regulatory Risk Asia, Macquarie Group
- David Lamb, Executive Director and Group Counsel, Hongkong Land Limited
- Andrew Olson, Legal Counsel of PRADA Asia Pacific Limited
- Chi Wai Pang, Managing Director and Legal Counsel, Macquarie Capital
- Doug Silin, Legal Counsel, Western Union
- Michelle Wei, Vice President and General Counsel of Asia at Flextronics
- Keith Wong, Group Legal Counsel, Dickson Concepts (International) Limited
- Sandra Wu, Head of Legal & Compliance and Chief Compliance Officer, Mercer Investments (HK) Limited
- Ben Yip, General Counsel, NF Trinity Capital (HK) Limited
- Jiaxing Zhou, Managing Director and the Head of Legal Department of China International Capital Corporation (Hong Kong) Limited
Over the coming weeks, HKCCA members will receive further details about the transition to ACC Hong Kong and additional member benefits available under the alliance.
About HKCCA: The Hong Kong Corporate Counsel Association was established March 2003 as the pioneer association representing in-house lawyers in Hong Kong. In 2011, HKCCA converted from an unincorporated association into a company limited by guarantee to become Hong Kong Corporate Counsel Association Limited.
About ACC: The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) is a global legal association that promotes the common professional and business interests of in-house counsel who work for corporations, associations and other organizations through information, education, networking, and advocacy. With more than 42,000 members in 85 countries employed by over 10,000 organizations, ACC connects its members to the people and resources necessary for both personal and professional growth. By in-house counsel, for in-house counsel.® For more information, visit www.acc.com and follow ACC on Twitter: @ACCinhouse.