NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Shareholders of American International Group, Inc. (NYSE: AIG) today elected thirteen directors at the company's Annual Meeting of Shareholders. The shareholders also voted to support each of the four proposals recommended by the AIG Board of Directors.
The results were as follows:
(1) Elected thirteen directors as follows:
|Nominee||Votes For||Votes Against|
|W. Don Cornwell||715,456,460||12,440,489|
|Peter. R. Fisher||727,160,524||738,249|
|John H. Fitzpatrick||727,315,403||588,041|
|William G. Jurgensen||727,217,153||689,410|
|Christopher S. Lynch||726,599,382||1,310,258|
|Samuel J. Merksamer||723,989,216||3,904,508|
|Henry S. Miller||727,215,627||692,741|
|Linda A. Mills||725,098,194||2,820,822|
|Suzanne Nora Johnson||722,611,677||5,312,930|
|Ronald A. Rittenmeyer||723,074,010||4,821,163|
|Douglas M. Steenland||707,150,560||16,502,090|
|Theresa M. Stone||727,010,002||918,020|
(2) Approved, by a vote of 666,303,288 shares for and 13,258,178 shares against, a non-binding advisory resolution to approve executive compensation.
(3) Approved, by a vote of 702,769,362 shares for and 47,127,797 shares against, the amendment and restatement of AIG's Restated Certificate of Incorporation to restrict certain transfers of AIG Common Stock in order to protect AIG’s tax attributes.
(4) Approved, by a vote of 636,924,246 shares for and 60,254,728 shares against, ratification of the amendment to extend the expiration of the American International Group, Inc. Tax Asset Protection Plan.
(5) Approved, by a vote of 770,990,877 shares for and 25,660,746 shares against, ratification of the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as AIG's independent registered public accounting firm for 2017.
# # #
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG’s core businesses include Commercial Insurance and Consumer Insurance, as well as Other Operations. Commercial Insurance comprises two modules – Liability and Financial Lines, and Property and Special Risks. Consumer Insurance comprises four modules – Individual Retirement, Group Retirement, Life Insurance and Personal Insurance. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGinsurance www.twitter.com/AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.
AIG is the marketing name for the worldwide property-casualty, life and retirement, and general insurance operations of American International Group, Inc. For additional information, please visit our website at www.aig.com. All products and services are written or provided by subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. Products or services may not be available in all countries, and coverage is subject to actual policy language. Non-insurance products and services may be provided by independent third parties. Certain property-casualty coverages may be provided by a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers do not generally participate in state guaranty funds, and insureds are therefore not protected by such funds.