PURCHASE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mastercard Incorporated (NYSE:MA) announced the results of its annual meeting of stockholders, held today at the company's global headquarters.
At the meeting:
- The full slate of 12 directors was elected for a one-year term, to expire at the next annual meeting of stockholders
- The compensation for the company’s executive officers was approved on an advisory basis. Stockholders also voted to continue this review annually
- The appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP as the company's independent registered public accounting firm for 2016 was ratified
- The material terms of the performance goals under the company’s Long Term Incentive Plan were approved
- Stockholders did not approve the proposal on gender pay equity reporting
During the meeting, Ajay Banga, president and CEO of Mastercard, addressed stockholders, noting, “Our sustained performance means many things. It’s about having products and solutions that our customers and consumers want. It’s about having the right relationships across the globe. And, it’s about delivering on our commitment to drive value back to our shareholders, while also delivering value to society, including our efforts around financial inclusion and inclusive growth.”
The Board of Directors also declared a cash dividend of $0.22 per share, payable on August 9, 2017, to holders of record of its Class A common stock and Class B common stock as of July 7, 2017.
Mastercard (NYSE:MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MastercardNews, join the discussion on the Beyond the Transaction Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.