CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Physicians’ Education Resource® (PER®), will conduct 12 satellite CME-Accredited Annual Symposia for clinical oncologists held in Chicago, Illinois, June 2-5, 2017. The programs will focus on some of the most pressing issues in oncology. In addition, internationally renowned expert faculty will be on-site to discuss the latest data and innovations coming out of the annual oncology conference.
“It’s extremely exciting to have renowned oncology experts together to discuss strategies to optimize cancer management. During the symposia, we will provide an unprecedented knowledge to oncologists that will better the lives of our patients in nearly every tumor type,” said Phil Talamo, president of PER®.
The following PER® satellite symposia are as follows:
Friday, June 2, 2017
- Show Me the Data: The Experts Weigh-In on Evidence to Support Strategies for Classic Clinical Scenarios in Renal Cell Carcinoma will be located at Hilton Chicago International, Ballroom North. The program chair of the event will be Toni K. Choueiri, MD, director, Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology and Kidney Cancer Center, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Making Critical Decisions in EGFR-Mutant Lung Cancers: How to Apply Evidence to Decide What to Do When the Patient Is There in Front of You will be located at the Hilton Chicago Continental Ballroom. This symposia will be chaired by Mark G. Kris, MD, Thoracic Oncology Service, William and Joy Ruane Chair in Thoracic Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Redefining Ovarian Cancer Treatment Paradigms by Maximizing Therapeutic Outcomes With PARP Inhibitors will be located at the Hilton Chicago Salon Ballroom. Program chair for the event will be Robert L. Coleman, MD, FACOG, FACS, vice chair, Clinical Research, Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Saturday, June 3, 2017
- ALK-Positive NSCLC: Emerging Strategies to Inform Sequencing, Optimize Outcomes, and Address Unmet Clinical Needs Along the Disease Continuum will be located at the Sheraton Grand Hotel Chicago. Program chair for the symposia will be, David R. Gandara, MD, director Thoracic Oncology, Program Division of Hematology/Oncology, UC Davis Health
- Evolving Applications of Immuno-Oncology Strategies: New Approaches, New Combination, and New Ways to Care for Lung, Head and Neck, and Bladder Cancers will be located at the Hilton Chicago. Program chair for the symposia will be Roy S. Herbst, MD, PhD, chief of Medical Oncology, associate director for Translational Research, Yale Cancer Center
- Moving Forward from the Status Quo for the Treatment of Soft Tissue Sarcoma: Key Questions and New Answers to Optimize Outcomes will take place at the Hilton Chicago Salon. This symposia will be chaired by George D. Demetri, MD, professor of medicine, Harvard Medical School, director of Ludwig Center at Harvard, vice president for experimental therapeutics, director of Center for Sarcoma and Bone Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, MA.
Sunday, June 4, 2017
- Medical Crossfire®: Translating Lessons Learned with PARP Inhibition to the Treatment of Breast Cancer - Expert Exchanges on Novel Strategies to Personalize Care will be located at Hilton Chicago. The program will be chaired by Mark E. Robson, MD, clinic director, Clinical Genetics Service at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Oncogenic Tumor Board in Advanced NSCLC: Leveraging Actionable Mutations Along the Disease Continuum to Optimize Patient Outcomes will be located at Hilton Chicago International Ballroom. The program will be chaired by David R. Gandara, MD, director Thoracic Oncology, Program Division of Hematology/Oncology, UC Davis Health
- Expert Insights on the Management of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms: Evidence-based Approaches and Emerging Strategies to Address Challenges in Care will be located at the Hilton Chicago. The program chair will be Ruben Mesa, MD, FACP, chair, division of Hematology & Medical Oncology, deputy director, Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
- Bridging the Gaps Around Oncology Biosimilars: Assessing the Potential Impact of Emerging Agents on Practices will be held at Hyatt Regency. The program will be chaired by Hope S. Rugo, MD, professor of medicine and director of Breast Oncology and Clinical Trials Education at the University of California San Francisco Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
Monday, June 5, 2017
- New Frontiers in Immuno-Oncology for Microsatellite-Instability-High Cancers will be located at the Hilton Chicago in the International Ballroom. The program chair will be Wells Messersmith, MD, FACP Professor and Co-Division Head, Division of Medical Oncology at the University of Colorado
- Medical Crossfire®: Personalized Sequencing in Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer: Bridging the Latest Evidence to the Bedside in Clinical Management will be located at Hilton Chicago in the International Ballroom South. The program chair will be Howard Scher, MD Chief, Genitourinary Oncology Service Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Each two-hour symposia will highlight treatment options, clinical trials, best ways to monitor patients, and how patients respond to treatments. The experts will also discuss management tactics for treatment- related toxicities. The format of the symposia will provide audience with an opportunity to interact with the expert faculty panel and exchange ideas.
For additional information about the symposia and to register, please visit: http://www.gotoper.com/topics/chicago-2017.
Since 1995, PER® has been the leading provider of live, online, and print CME activities focusing on oncology and hematology by providing high-quality, evidence-based activities featuring leading experts who focus on the application of practice-changing advances. In 2017, PER® will develop and implement 21 historic annual legacy conferences in the Unites States and Europe, along with many renowned online learning formats. PER® is also the publisher of the monthly peer-reviewed American Journal of Hematology/Oncology® and is accredited by the ACCME and CBRN. PER® is part of the Cranbury, New Jersey-based Michael J. Hennessy Associates Inc. family of businesses. Learn more at http://www.gotoper.com and http://www.mjhassoc.com.