LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in providing solutions and services that give enterprises real-time visibility into their operations, and Emkat Solutions, Inc., a Zebra PartnerConnect partner, today announced that Dominium, one of the nation’s largest affordable housing development and management companies, selected Zebra’s Android-based TC55 touch mobile computers to replace its manual task operations. The innovative solution helped Dominium cut administrative work order time in half; while also streamlining communications between staff and reducing work order processing and apartment inspection times - generating more than $525,000 in annual efficiency gains. Ultimately, the solution enabled Dominium to better serve residents.
- By running the Yardi Inspection Mobile™ application on the TC55 mobile computer, Dominium has transformed a time-consuming residential inspection process into a productive one that allows remote office staff to assist and make assessments in real-time - saving an average of 22 minutes per inspection.
- Dominium also used the TC55 to replace a manual, paper-based ticketing process with an automated real-time work-order management system that has reduced errors and improved technicians’ response times.
- With the TC55, Dominium’s field technicians can now receive real-time service requests and triage service calls - improving worker productivity and streamlining workflows.
- In addition, the TC55 helps field technicians troubleshoot maintenance problems, order parts and communicate directly with residents via leading to improved resident relationships.
- Zebra’s Mobility DNA™ suite of applications, application development tools and utilities enabled Dominium to maximize the return on investment of its mobile deployment without sacrificing critical data functionality or security.
Jim Mitchell, Director of Maintenance & Purchasing, Dominium
“Dominium’s growth plan calls for us to double in size by 2025, fueling the need to eliminate paper-based processes for more efficient automation and efficiency. Zebra’s TC55 has generated valuable business intelligence for us, improved communications and provided visibility that helps us make more informed business decisions and improve the experience of our residents.”
Brad Kieley, CEO, EmKat Solutions, Inc.
“EmKat provided Dominium with an innovative mobile computing solution that features a centralized remote administration tool for support, configuration, security and troubleshooting. By configuring and deploying TC55 touch computers to more than 200 Dominium locations, Emkat and Zebra have helped Dominium automate its mobile workforce resulting in better efficiencies and service to its residents.”
Joe White, Vice President, Enterprise Mobile Computing, Zebra Technologies
“Zebra has shipped more than 1.25 million Android-based enterprise-class mobile computers to businesses worldwide, providing them with real-time visibility into their organizations for better business outcomes. The reliable TC55 touch computer provides Dominium with superior data accuracy while also empowering its workers with streamlined communications within its workplace—saving time, increasing productivity and improving customer satisfaction.”
With the unparalleled visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – gives organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2017 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.