In 2016, penetration rate of new energy buses was approximately 80.4% in bus sales but remained low in stock market. Currently, China achieves bus ownership of roughly 580,000 units and a 28% new energy bus penetration rate in stock market.
In consideration of decreasing subsidies for fuel buses and increasing subsidies for electric buses as well as an obvious positive externality of new energy buses to municipal administration and environment, the electrification trend in bus is expected to last and the penetration rate of new energy bus in stock market will be further improved.
China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM) forecasts China's new energy vehicle sales volume will hit 800,000 in 2017, of which, passenger vehicles account for roughly 70% (up from 65% last year). Based on this, new energy commercial vehicle sales volume will reach 240,000 in 2017, including 180,000-190,000 new energy buses.
In view of bus market increment from urbanization as well as the penetration in highway bus market after new energy technology maturation and cost reduction, China's new energy bus sales volume is predicted to exceed 250,000 by 2020.
The report highlights the following:
- Significance of electric bus popularization, status quo, and trends at home and abroad;
- Mainstream technical routes of electric bus in China, status quo and trend of bus battery, motor and electronic control industry chain;
- Major subsidies for purchase (tax reduction & exemption and fiscal subsidies) and for use as well as popularization policies in China's electric bus industry;
- China's electric bus production, sales and future trend, competition pattern, market share, sales forecast, investment and capacity of major electric bus enterprises;
- China's electric city bus market sales volume, penetration rate trend, subsidy policies, etc.;
- Technical level, production and sales scale, capacity and development planning of 12 major electric bus manufacturers in China.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Overview of Electric Bus
2 Industrial Chain
3 Industrial Policies
4 China Electric Bus Market
5 Chinese Electric Bus Manufacturers
- Anhui Ankai Automobile Co., Ltd.
- BYD Company Limited
- Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd.
- China Youngman Automobile Group Co., Ltd.
- Chongqing Hengtong Bus Co., Ltd.
- Hunan CRRC Times Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing Golden Dragon Bus Co., Ltd
- Shanghai Sunwin Bus Corporation
- Shenzhen Wuzhoulong Motors Co., Ltd.
- Xiamen King Long Motor Group Co., Ltd.
- Zhengzhou Yutong Bus Co., Ltd.
- Zhongtong Bus Holding Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vwwq2p/china_electric