GENEVA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Three weeks into its campaign, the hybrid smartwatch ZeTime from Swiss wearables brand MyKronoz has raised over $3 million on Kickstarter. A first-of-its-kind timepiece that combines mechanical hands over a full round color touchscreen, ZeTime is not only one of the Top 50 most-funded projects ever on Kickstarter and the second most-funded wearable campaign, but the first and most-funded hybrid smartwatch in crowdfunding history.
Using groundbreaking technology to enable a hole to be cut in the center of a round TFT color display allowing mechanical watch hands to pass through, ZeTime blends the classic design of a traditional timepiece with the most advanced features of a smartwatch, at an accessible price.
Designed to be worn all day, every day, ZeTime allows users to see the time even when the smartwatch screen is powered off, thanks to the mechanical hands that will function for up to 30 days with a single charge. Integrated ‘Smart Movement’ technology also means that the hands will automatically adjust to a user’s timezone, as well as aligning to make sure they do not obstruct visibility of the screen when reading notifications.
This makes the ZeTime part of the fast-growing segment of hybrid
smartwatches, which at first glance look and function like
traditional analogue watches but include smart features such as activity
tracking, heart rate monitor and notifications. Accounting for a 7%
share of smartwatch sales in 2016, market research firm Counterpoint
Technology predicts hybrid smartwatches will rise to a 12% share in
2017, doubling in revenues to more than US$ 1 Billion.
Though both luxury traditional watch makers and wearable tech brands are turning towards hybrid models, MyKronoz ZeTime is the first to integrate always-on mechanical hands with a full round touch screen.
A true Kickstarter project, the more than 17,000 backers have been actively contributing to product development: the MyKronoz team have integrated both a watch case engraving and watch band exclusive to Kickstarter, following backer suggestions for stretch goals. Contributors have also been able to give their input on the range of watch faces to be pre-installed on the ZeTime.
Already an established player in the wearables market, MyKronoz
is confident about supply chain management and production capacity in
the face of the influx of demand.
“When I started in early 2013, people thought that I was mad – why would I start a smartwatch company in Switzerland and enter such a challenging market? It turns out that my vision and passion have paid off as our company sold nearly two million smartwatches in the following four years” said Boris Brault, CEO and founder of MyKronoz. “This disruptive mentality goes beyond the company’s mission to provide ‘smartwatches for everyone’ by striving to become an industry leader on price point, wide range, and fashionable design.”
“My inspiration has been to combine the best of our Swiss heritage in traditional watchmaking, with the key features of a smartwatch to persuade the majority of consumers to adopt our wearable technology. This has been accomplished with ZeTime, the perfect hybrid smartwatch. It combines the best of both worlds: watch hands of an elegant traditional timepiece with a full color touchscreen that instantly shows incoming calls, smartphone notifications, real-time fitness activity, upcoming calendar events, daily reminders and much more, right from your wrist.”
A classic take on wearable technology, ZeTime has a sleek stainless steel watch case inspired by the finest Swiss design, along with a variety of interchangeable digital watch faces and straps created to fit every style. ZeTime is set for action with a 3-axis accelerometer and an optical heart-rate sensor to track activity and sleep. With water proof performance (up to 30 meters’ depth), ZeTime provides the quality and versatility expected from traditional high-end timepieces, at a much lower price. ZeTime will be available for retail by early September 2017 from $199.90, but is available now on Kickstarter from $139.
ZeTime: Breaking tech barriers to be an elegant daily companion
• Always-on: with its traditional mechanical watch hands, powered by a smart movement, ZeTime will automatically update the time according to the location and will work up to 30 days on a single charge
• Stylish & practical: the 44mm stainless steel watch case and chrome mechanical hands have customizable and interchangeable watch faces and straps available in different styles including silicon, genuine leather, carbon-fiber and more. ZeTime is also waterproof to 30m
• Activity & sleep tracker: equipped with a 3-axis accelerometer and optical heart-rate sensor, ZeTime can track activity by monitoring heart-rate, steps, distance, calories, active minutes and sleep. ZeTime will also alert users to extended periods of inactivity to encourage them to be more active
• User-friendly: ZeTime can be controlled both by touching the full round high resolution display or by using the physical smart crown to navigate between different functions easily
• Never miss a thing: users can view incoming calls, read social networking notifications, check weather forecasts and get calendar reminders at a glance on the full round high resolution color display
• Keep control: ZeTime allows users to control their phone’s functions right from their wrist, such as playing music, take a photo or make their phone ring to easily find it
|Dimensions (diameter/thickness)||44mm x 12.3mm|
|Material & Colors||Stainless steel watch case available in Silver, Black, Titanium, Pink Gold & Yellow Gold|
|Watch band width and finishings||22mm; Silicon, leather, carbon fiber, jean, NATO, metal and more in multiple colors|
|Battery type||Li-iOn 200mAh|
|Display size and resolution||1.22”; 240*240 pixels|
|Display type||TFT (Color touchscreen with hole)|
|Sensors||3-axis accelerometer & optical HR sensor|
|Charging system||Contact chargin|
|OS compatibility requirements||Android 4.3 or iOS 8 above, supports Bluetooth 4.1 BLE|
About MyKronoz: mykronoz.com