Abbott’s Lobster in the Rough of Noank, CT, grabbed the top spot in the COASTAL LIVING list for its “life-changing” hot lobster roll. Provision Company of Southport, NC, earned the #2 spot for its balance of perfect setting and seafood, and Bowpicker Fish & Chips in Astoria, OR, an old fishing boat on a trailer, took the #3 spot for its “transcendent” albacore tuna fish-and-chips.
Contributing Editor Steve Millburg, who is a seafood dive expert and has visited and reviewed hundreds of restaurants featured in COASTAL LIVING over two decades, ranked the all-star list.
“Seafood dives are all about fresh catch, comfort foods, flip-flops and a water view,” said Steele Marcoux, Editor-in-Chief of the COASTAL LIVING brand, “and we love being the go-to resource for these fantastic spots. We’re thrilled to name the Top 20—you could build a year’s worth of delicious travel from Steve’s list!”
COASTAL LIVING ranking of 20 All-Time Best Seafood Dives
1. Abbott’s Lobster in the Rough, Noank, CT
2. Provision Company, Southport, NC
3. Bowpicker Fish & Chips, Astoria, OR
4. Sea-N-Suds Restaurant & Oyster Bar, Gulf Shores, AL
5. The Marshall Store, Marshall, CA
6. Red’s Eats, Wiscasset, ME
7. The Tides Tavern, Gig Harbor, WA
8. Casamento’s Restaurant, New Orleans, LA
9. Arnold’s Lobster & Clam Bar, Eastham, MA
10. Killer Seafood, Mexico Beach, FL
11. Bowens Island, Charleston, SC
12. Malibu Seafood Fresh Fish Market and Patio Cafe, Malibu, CA
13. Sunbury Crab Co., Sunbury, GA
14. Iggy’s Doughboys & Chowder House, Warwick, RI
15. Faidley Seafood, Baltimore, MD
16. Star Fish Company, Cortez, FL
17. Calumet Fisheries, Chicago, IL
18. Bozo’s Seafood Market and Deli, Pascagoula, MS
19. Jolly Roger Seafood House, Port Clinton, OH
20. Wanna Wanna Inn Beach Bar & Grill, South Padre Island, TX
This list is featured in the May 2017 anniversary issue of the magazine and online at coastalliving.com/bestseafooddives. Join the conversation on social with #SeafoodDives.
ABOUT TIME INC.
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as approximately 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The Company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
ABOUT COASTAL LIVING
The COASTAL LIVING brand (http://www.coastalliving.com/) is the source of inspiration and information for people who celebrate life along the coast. It serves a total audience of nearly 4 million. COASTAL LIVING is produced by Time Inc., a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through its portfolio of premium brands across platforms. Follow COASTAL LIVING on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.