AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pivot3, the technology leader in hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) solutions for the modern data center, today announced that the company experienced record growth throughout 2016, with the year’s total revenue increasing by 84 percent over the prior year – including a more than 200-percent increase in Q4 2016 from Q4 2015 – and significant deals secured across federal, healthcare and education customers.
“2016 was a banner year for Pivot3, starting with an acquisition and significant funding, continuing with top placements on key industry analyst reports, and ending with impressive revenue growth,” said Ron Nash, CEO of Pivot3. “To compete effectively in this fast-moving market, we have built a solid platform for sustained growth with a focus on products, business performance and customer success. This has molded us into an agile and aggressive leader in migrating organizations to the software-defined data center.”
“We selected Pivot3 due to the platform’s strong ability to scale and perform at high levels, even during degraded modes,” said Scott Smidt, VP of business engineering and operations at Midco Business Solutions. “We needed a platform that could support our multi-tenant requirements and deliver carrier-grade performance while providing us the scalability and modularity to grow as our needs expand. Pivot3 met those requirements.”
Pivot3’s key achievements throughout 2016 included:
- Increased annual revenue by 84 percent, with more than 200-percent growth in Q4 2016 from Q4 2015.
- Continued expansion into the federal, healthcare and education verticals with numerous large enterprises and organizations, including LifeSpan BioSciences, Inc.
- Consistent growth among customers deploying HCI across multiple mixed workloads, including data center consolidation, database applications, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Explosive growth in the Pivot3 Channel Partner Program with a 275-percent increase in deal registrations in the second half of 2016.
- Acquired NexGen Storage in January, broadening the Pivot3 product portfolio with all-flash and hybrid storage appliances as well as business policy management capabilities.
- Raised $55 million in funding to support accelerated growth and product development.
- Named a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI), Q3 2016. Pivot3 received the highest scores possible for high availability and data protection, manageability and ease of operations, and client feedback on support quality.
- Named a Visionary in the October 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Integrated Systems for ability to execute and completeness of vision.
- Expanded its executive leadership team with Bill Stover joining as chief financial officer and Jamie Lerner as chief revenue officer.
- Expanded its presence in Canada with two new sales leaders, two technical pre-sales resources and a partnership with Stage2Data, Canada’s premier cloud solution provider.
- Launched Pivot3 vSTAC SLX, its first joint product integrating NexGen technology, within months following the acquisition.
- Launched Pivot3 Edge Office for SMB and remote and branch office environments, and added new policy-driven data capabilities to its patented storage QoS feature.
- Achieved certification on Lenovo, Cisco UCS and UCS Mini computing platforms.
- Formed multiple key partnerships, including with Cisco, Lenovo and Ingram Micro.
“Pivot3’s unique architecture gives the company a differentiated offering in the hyperconverged industry,” said Eric Sheppard, IDC research director for enterprise storage & converged systems. “Pivot3 has combined this differentiation with an expanded go-to-market strategy in a way that is connecting the company with an increasing number of data centers interested in hyperconverged technology. The company’s recent growth suggests that it is able to capitalize on these new opportunities and is positioned well for the rapid market growth expected in 2017.”
“As we enter the new year, we’re looking ahead with a bold vision for the future of enterprise computing,” said Nash. “HCI is becoming more pervasive across IT with customers using it to support critical applications, and the emergence of automated policy-based management and dynamic QoS will fuel even greater adoption. Because Pivot3’s platform is architected for the best performance, scale and efficiency available in the industry along with integrated business policy management, we will lead the way into a new era with the smartest infrastructure that will enable IT to focus on business results.”
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Founded in 1931, Midco is the leading provider of internet and networking, cable TV, phone, data center and managed services, home automation and advertising services in the Upper Midwest. More than 380,000 residential and business customers count on Midco services in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. Midco will deliver advanced gigabit internet technology to most customers by the end of 2017. Visit Midco.com to learn more about Midco and how the company gives back to the communities it serves.
Pivot3 is the world’s leading provider of dynamic hyperconverged solutions. Pivot3’s patented solutions dramatically improve data center simplicity and economics by increasing scale-out performance, driving down complexity and cost, saving an extraordinary amount of disk and physical space and ensuring fault tolerance. With Pivot3’s unique capabilities, customers are able to prioritize data and application performance based on business value. Today, Pivot3 has more than 2,200 customers in 54 countries around the world deploying more than 16,000 hyperconverged infrastructures in multiple industries such as healthcare, government, transportation, security, entertainment, education, gaming and retail. The company has won numerous awards and was most recently featured by CRN in their top 50 Virtualization list. To learn more about Pivot3, visit http://www.pivot3.com.