MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI), a global leader in advanced high-efficiency zero emissions hybrid and electric vehicle drivetrain solutions announced today that it has received a major order for its EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 systems from the city of Sheyang in China. The company is supplying its drivetrain technology to Yaxing Motor Coach for integration into a fleet of city buses to be delivered in March of this year.
The selection as the drivetrain provider for Yaxing Motor Coach, follows a recent milestone for Efficient Drivetrains. The company’s EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 PHEV drivetrain system surpassed one million miles in a commercial fleet setting in late 2016. Utilized for a mass transportation application, EDI PowerDrive™ 6000, certified by the China government, delivered full OEM performance with over 40% improvement in fuel economy and emissions reductions as the system was deployed in the field to perform standard bus routes in place of its conventional diesel fuel counterpart.
Efficient Drivetrains has been active in supplying its EDI PowerDrive™ and Vehicle Integration in China since 2010. The company has worked with one of the largest truck manufacturers globally, major vehicle manufacturers, and technology developers in China to produce drivetrains solutions spanning class 2-8 for CNG PHEV city buses, PHEV Port Trucks, PHEV Cement Mixers, and PHEV Sport Utility Vehicles and light duty trucks. EDI continues to grow its technology and business footprint in China with offices in Wuxi, Shanghai, and Beijing.
- Efficient Drivetrains announces its selection as the drivetrain provider for Yaxing Motor Coach. The company’s EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 will be deployed in a fleet of city buses for the city of Sheyang in China
- The EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 has been durability tested over 1 million miles in a commercial fleet setting of city buses. In addition, the drivetrain system received government certification after undergoing durability testing in 2015
- The electrification of vehicles in China continues to accelerate rapidly, with continued government subsidies. Industry reports expects that bus market will reach over 200,000 PHEV and EV vehicles by 2020
- EDI established a joint venture with ENCA to collaboratively pursue bus opportunities in China
- Development of the EDI PowerDrive™ 8000 and EDI PowerDrive™ 8000ev has initiated to complement its existing drivetrain series of products for use in Port, Logistics, and Utility applications
- The company will continue to expand its portfolio of solutions: EDI PowerDrive™ line of EV and PHEV drivetrains, EDI PowerSuite™ Vehicle Control Software and Telematics, and EDI Power2E™ 2 Way Charging and Exportable Power for end users, vehicle manufacturers and integrators throughout 2017
“Globally, government and industry regulatory bodies continue to pursue aggressive mandates to reduce emissions. With China continuing to introduce major policies to evolve to electric vehicles, we expect that the market will maintain a rapid upward pace. Our company made an informed decision to create both a business and technology footprint early on, including applying for and receiving government certification of our technology. EDI’s portfolio PHEV and EV drivetrain, connected vehicle, and exportable power solutions will continue to help OEM and fleet operators across the globe meet zero emissions mandates.”
-Joerg Ferchau, CEO, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
“EV and PHEV bus drivetrain solutions from EDI have tremendous potential in China, with our EDI PowerDrive™ solutions reducing emissions and fuel consumption by up to 50%. In many cases mass transportation buyers see an ROI in under 18 months. We’re very optimistic about our partnership with ENCA, our local integration partner and the business opportunities.”
-CW Chen, Vice President Technology and Business Development
- EDI PowerDrive™ 6000 Surpasses the Million-Mile Mark news release
- EDI CNG PHEV City Bus Receives Government Certification news release
- EDI on LinkedIn
- EDI on Facebook
- EDI Project Videos
Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI) develops and markets a range of state-of-the-art PHEV and EV drivetrain solutions worldwide. EDI’s leading-edge hybrid-electric drivetrain systems and technologies enable OEMs to meet zero-emissions requirements while providing significant cost and efficiency advantages for parallel and series hybrid drivetrain architectures across nearly all platform classes and configurations. EDI is currently active in automotive projects throughout North America and the APAC region. Visit www.efficientdrivetrains.com for more information.