HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NAPE Summit, the largest international exploration and production (E&P) expo in the U.S., announced today the speakers and lineup for the 2017 NAPE Summit Global Business Conference. Taking place Feb. 15, the conference will feature international and domestic energy industry experts weighing in on E&P trends, challenges and technological advances.
“Emerging oilfield technologies are rapidly increasing the rate at which our industry evolves,” said Bernie Ulincy, Chair of the NAPE Operators Committee. “The 2017 NAPE Global Business Conference will explore not only the global and political ramifications of the latest oil and gas industry developments, but how E&P companies can navigate those changes domestically and internationally.”
The NAPE Summit Global Business Conference luncheon will open with Bryan Sheffield, CEO, Parsley Energy, who will keynote the “Changing Landscape in the Permian Basin,” and close with Todd Onderdonk, Senior Energy Advisor, Corporate Strategic Planning for ExxonMobil, who will keynote the “2017 Outlook for Energy: A View to 2040.”
Other industry speakers and topics for the 2017 NAPE Summit Global Business Conference include:
- “A 12-Month Outlook for the Lower 48 E&P” – Robert Clarke, Research Director, Lower 48 Upstream, WoodMackenzie;
- “The Power of Nonverbal Communications” – Joe Navarro, author and former FBI agent;
- “Turning the Tide: How to Win the Public Debate on American Energy” – Brigham McCown, Chairman, Alliance for Innovation and Infrastructure; and moderator Jacki Pick, Executive Vice President, National Center for Policy Analysts, and host, “The Jacki Daily Show”; and
- “Deal-Making in a Changing Market” presented by the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN) – James English, Sr. International Negotiator, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation; and Steven Otillar, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, AIPN President Elect.
Francisco Garcia Cabeza de Vaca, Governor of Tamaulipas, will close the daylong conference with an address on “Cross-Border Partnerships in Energy.” Attendees registered for the NAPE Summit Global Business Conference will also have an opportunity to attend the bonus AIPN seminar on Tuesday, February 14 at no additional cost. This bonus AIPN seminar will include:
- “Key Differences between International and US Domestic Oil and Gas Operations” – Professor Owen Anderson and Christopher Richardson; and
- “Key Differences between International and US Domestic Petroleum Negotiations” – Professor Harry Sullivan and Toufic Nassif.
Taking place Feb. 13-17, 2017 at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, NAPE Summit will also feature a keynote address from former Secretary of State Colin Powell at the NAPE Charities Luncheon; two daylong educational seminars presented by AIPN and the Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA); domestic and international NAPE Prospect Theaters running two days of prospect preview and capital and service provider presentations; and a two-day Expo on nearly 15 acres of exhibition space.
NAPE is the oil and gas industry’s marketplace for the buying, selling and trading of prospects and producing properties. At three expos throughout the year, NAPE creates an environment where attendees can have an expectation of doing business, bringing together all the necessary parties to evaluate, fund and make deals. NAPE Summit 2017 is expected to draw 10,000 E&P dealmakers from more than 35 countries.
To Attend NAPE
Individuals and organizations interested in attending and/or exhibiting at NAPE Summit can find more information and register at www.napeexpo.com. Members of the media who would like to attend and cover NAPE can register online at www.napeexpo.com/media or onsite.
NAPE, the oil and gas industry’s marketplace for the buying, selling and trading of prospects and producing properties, brings oil and gas professionals together to meet, network, connect and do business. NAPE currently offers two annual expos in Houston– bringing together prospects and all the key players needed to evaluate, facilitate and execute deals. The internationally recognized NAPE was established in 1993 by AAPL and also includes IPAA, SEG and AAPG as partners. For more information, please visit www.napeexpo.com and follow NAPE on Twitter at @NAPE_EXPO.