AURORA, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today’s connected home technology meets common sense functionality and excellence in design with the expanded Onelink® by First Alert® portfolio of home safety and security products. Delivering peace of mind and ease of use, this innovative collection of smart devices will be the focal point of the First Alert booth (Sands Expo #41330) at the Consumer Electronics Show 2017 (CES) in Las Vegas, Nev., Jan. 5-8.
CES attendees will experience first-hand the many features and benefits of the new Onelink products with demonstrations showing how the devices work with virtual assistants and with major smart home platforms to make it easy for consumers to monitor and control their homes’ comfort and safety from anywhere, at any time.
“In 2016, the smart home was redefined by Amazon Echo and Google Home virtual assistant products,” said Tom Russo, vice president of marketing for First Alert, the most trusted brand in home safety*. “Consumers desire a simple, hands-free interface with their sophisticated smart home products.”
Common Sense Products for Connected Homes
The Onelink by First Alert portfolio includes a range of home monitoring devices designed to seamlessly integrate with today’s most secure connected home platform, Apple HomeKit. Additionally, the Onelink lineup conveniently connects users to their homes via the Onelink Home App, providing one location for all devices and security and peace of mind from anywhere, anytime. Product offerings include:
- Onelink by First Alert Smoke + Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarm – This 2-in-1 wireless combination smoke and CO alarm offers premium safety features and sensing technologies. In the event of a fire or carbon monoxide emergency, the alarm will sound and send push notifications to the user’s mobile device. Exclusive voice and location technology will alert users to the type of danger and its location. The sleek, modern-designed alarm is Apple HomeKit-enabled and works with Amazon Alexa, where users can ask Alexa the status of alarms or to help develop a family fire escape plan. Future generations of the Onelink Smoke + CO Alarm are being designed to include embedded Alexa, where users can interact with Amazon’s virtual assistant through actual the alarm, asking it questions, controlling their smart home devices, playing music and more.
- Onelink by First Alert Envirocam – Parents will benefit from this revolutionary device that offers non-contact respiration rate monitoring. The Onelink Envirocam features a patented design that detects micro-movements to monitor breathing directly from the smart camera, eliminating the hassle of other respiration monitoring devices that require physical contact with the child. In addition, the camera also monitors environmental conditions. The Onelink Home app dashboard is simple and user friendly, and offers critical information such as sleep data, temperature, low and high carbon monoxide levels, and humidity at the parents’ fingertips.
- Onelink by First Alert Environment Monitor – This smart device features advanced sensing technologies to monitor both high- and low-levels of carbon monoxide (CO), both of which can be harmful. Compatible with Apple HomeKit and enhanced to be compatible with Amazon Alexa, the Onelink Environment Monitor monitors temperature and humidity and notifies users of any changes. Consumers will be able to simply ask Alexa, “What is the temperature in the living room?” or “What is the humidity in the baby’s room?” and Alexa will answer.
- Onelink by First Alert Safe – Ideal for homes and small businesses, this smart safe combine’s best-in-class security with smart home functionality. Users can unlock the safe with their mobile device using the Onelink Home app with Touch ID and passcode verification. It also features tamper and motion detection, sending push notifications to the user if a disturbance or tampering is detected by the safe. The Onelink Safe is fire-rated and waterproof to protect valuables against unexpected emergencies, and features exclusive Bolt Down Technology that allows the safe to be bolted directly to the floor, without compromising fire and water protection.
- Onelink by First Alert Wi-Fi Thermostat – This programmable smart device connects easily to Wi-Fi and enables users to control their heating and cooling directly from their mobile devices via the app. It works seamlessly with Google Home and Amazon Alexa, allowing users to integrate with the smart home platform of their choice. With these virtual assistants, users do not even need to touch their phones – simply speak aloud and with hands-free commands to adjust or inquire about the temperature.
“We are working with Amazon, Apple and Google to continue to enhance the Onelink experience across the portfolio, providing unparalleled functionality while prioritizing simplicity for users,” Russo said. “As the leader in the DIY home safety industry, First Alert is proud to offer the most innovative and collaborative portfolio of home safety products that also continue to deliver the latest solutions in terms of technology and performance.”
* First Alert Brand Trust Survey, January 2016 – Results are based on the responses of 1,004 adults, ages 18 and older, living in the United States who completed a telephone survey, January 28-31, 2016. Results are accurate to +/- 3 percentage points with a 95 percent confidence level and can be generalized to the entire adult population in the United States within those statistical parameters. For more information or a copy of the complete survey and results, contact Tim Young at LCWA: 312/565-4628 or email@example.com
About BRK Brands, Inc.
BRK Brands, Inc. (Aurora, IL), is a fully owned subsidiary of Newell Brands. For over 50 years, BRK Brands, Inc. has been the manufacturer of First Alert®-branded home-safety products, the most trusted and recognized safety brand in America. BRK® Brands designs and develops innovative safety solutions including Tundra™ Fire Extinguishing Spray, Onelink by First Alert smart home products, a comprehensive line of smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, fire extinguishers and escape ladders to protect what matters most. Such products are also marketed under the BRK Electronics® brand, The Professional Standard for the builder and contractor audiences. BRK Brands, Inc. products are found in more than 30 countries worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.firstalert.com, http://www.brkelectronics.com or http://www.newellbrands.com.
About Newell Brands
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer’s®, Coleman®, Jostens®, Marmot®, Rawlings®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert®, Waddington and Yankee Candle®. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
This press release and additional information about Newell Brands are available on the company’s website, http://www.newellbrands.com.
©2017 BRK Brands, Inc., Aurora, IL 60504. All rights reserved.
First Alert® is a registered trademark of The First Alert Trust, Aurora, IL 60504.
BRK Electronics® is a registered trademark of BRK Brands, Inc., Aurora, IL 60504.
NYSE is a registered service mark of NYSE Group, Inc.